Anybody Ever tried Gyration's K/M?

Mr_Evil

2[H]4U
Here's my thoughts on this wireless Keyboard and mouse combo. I'm not evaluating its gaming performance here, but for its usefullness with an HTPC.

Office Depot had the Gyration wireless keyboard and mouse combo on clearance for $50. So I bought it because it never hurts to have spare keyboards and rodents around. I'm mighty impressed with the performance of the mouse. It works exactly as advertised both on a mousepad (It has a regular optical sensor on it for desktop use) and in the air. Using the mouse in the air does take a few minutes of learning, but it's definitely easy to pick up. I also love the fact it's Ambidextrous (I'm a Southpaw). The mouse is a little bit narrow for my man-hams, but it's still perfectly usable. The rechargable battery pack is also a nice bonus.

The keyboard on the other hand...not all that great compared to others I have used in the past. I have to slow down my typing alot on it in order for it to recognize all my keystrokes. Sometimes it'll go to sleep on you and you have to press a key twice to get it to register. The keys themselves are higher quality than ANY Laptop keyboard I've seen (well except maybe IBM's) and the overall feel of the keyboard is excellent. It's also the perfect weight for sitting back in the La Z Boy for a little bit of e-mail on an HTPC.

The set overall is not worth the $120 original price...but for $50 on clearance it was a good buy.

Back