Anybody else sick of Fatal1ty products?

Yes, I agree -- there's no reason to trash this guy. My earlier post may have sounded like I was, but I was trying to communicate (and did rather poorly) was that a professional gamer's endorsement does not make me want to go out and buy the motherboard.

The term FATALITY for me conjures images of some pixelated ninja ripping my computer's guts out, holding them up triumphantly, and awarding me with a big "YOU LOSE" closing scene.

:D

this is a horrible idea, I can't wait for Abit to smarten up and not slap giant-ass letters that say "FATAL1TY" on

ScHpAnKy said:
this is a horrible idea, I can't wait for Abit to smarten up and not slap giant-ass letters that say "FATAL1TY" on
Why, people will buy it based on it's bling features. Sounds like good marketing to me, they have other boards aimed at poeple like you, this board is aimed at people who are !!!!!!s. Just cause you think it's stupid doesn't meen it's not profitable.

jester1176 said:
5733189_f38526ca57_m.jpg
I've hung out with Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel on a few occasions...Dallas CPL and random other events. He's a good kid who just wants to be the best at what he does. He has a damn good social life considering the amount of travel he does not only for competitions but to market his products as well. My understanding is that he'll only be home for 60 days this year. He's in germany for CeBit right now and will be headed to the next CPL event in Turkey after that. So give the guy a break. He's trying to do what not many people have a chance to do...play games for a living. I, for one, would love to be in his shoes. Rip the hardware all you want, but unless you know the guy, leave him alone.

I agree. The guys is extremely nice and personable, as well as modest when in person. Very humble, and fun as hell to game with.

Even if you guys can't get over the nameplate, it looks like a really good board. The non-Fatal1ty boards get the vanilla nF4 chips... whereas this gets the Ultra.

You guys need to keep this thead on topic and leave the personal insults out, or it will be locked.

B.B.S.

Back