Anybody else ready for another WW2 Game :(

Bowhuntr11

[H]F Junkie
I know I know....everybody else wanted something new for developers to work on a couple years ago and it has shifted to the modern warfare setting....

But man what I would do for a WW2 game to be on the BF3 Frostbite 2.0 engine :( Imagine Normandy on that engine or Carentan....Oh man I just love ww2 too much maybe :p

P.S. I know Red Orchestra is coming out, but while I am sure the gameplay will be awesome like usual....the visuals will be lacking in comparison...

No way, it's time for some WW1 action. Bi and tri planes...mustard gas, ah good times.

I, for one welcome the slow growth of WW2 shooters. Remember a few years ago when a WW2 FPS would come out literally every week?

Madness.

Oh no the graphics won't be drop dead amazing! Gameplay over graphics every time, seriously.

Oh no the graphics won't be drop dead amazing! Gameplay over graphics every time, seriously.

While I understand your statement, I still would like to say mario's gameplay is still amazing...maybe we shouldn't advance the graphics of anything above that...

Come on now...just because I want some better graphics for a ww2 game doesn't mean I don't want gameplay to be fun....

Shit MOH:AA was awesome back in the day...doesn't mean I want to stay on those graphics forever...

I want a shooter based during the American Revolution. I want Musketts that take like an hour to load and cannons that make you deaf and blow off your limbs during fire , I want simulated starvation , I want the French to be randoms that get spawned in the last 5 minutes of the match.

Mmmm that sounds like one fun ass game.

Nercovision is WW1. Not the worst game ever made.

That game looked intresting but it had stupid system requirements (no 64bit OSs) no 200 series nvidia cards...:confused: which mean I was unable to try it.

A WWI game would work pretty well, and the planes would be slow enough to stay on the battlefield :D. Would be very very...samey in the terrain however.

I'd like some fantasy shooters, please. Futuristic competition(UT),Other planets, Alternate timelines, Ancient lost lands...etc

I'm hoping for something one day that moves away from guns. Something medieval or earlier, maybe fantasy based (with magic), focusing on melee combat.

I want a shooter based during the American Revolution. I want Musketts that take like an hour to load and cannons that make you deaf and blow off your limbs during fire , I want simulated starvation , I want the French to be randoms that get spawned in the last 5 minutes of the match.

The closest most recent FPS to match your description is probably Darkest of Days.

There's also a musket mod or something for HL1 a few years ago.

Why not just remake BF1942 using Frostbite 2.0? I miss destroyers and battleships and carriers and dogfights. Jets don't count, maps are too small and the jets are too fast -- just ends up being lame.

Mount and blade?

Is that multiplayer also? If it is I always thought it was a single player game. Maybe I should have been specific in something multiplayer focused. Since single player fantasy based games with real time melee combat (not necessarily all good) is somewhat common.

The only multiplayer games I can recall are Dark Messiah, and the upcoming Space Marine is science fantasy, where it mixes melee with guns. Then there has been a few mods for various games.

I think the biggest problem is getting the melee combat aspect to work from a game play point of view when you have MP, but maybe someones creative enough to get a system that works that isn't just random wade in button mashing or involves long stand offs where people just dart in and out. Then again maybe someone already has, and I just haven't heard of or tried this game.

Why not just remake BF1942 using Frostbite 2.0? I miss destroyers and battleships and carriers and dogfights. Jets don't count, maps are too small and the jets are too fast -- just ends up being lame.

They essentially did, but scrapped it for PC.

Is that multiplayer also? If it is I always thought it was a single player game. Maybe I should have been specific in something multiplayer focused. Since single player fantasy based games with real time melee combat (not necessarily all good) is somewhat common.

The only multiplayer games I can recall are Dark Messiah, and the upcoming Space Marine is science fantasy, where it mixes melee with guns. Then there has been a few mods for various games.

I think the biggest problem is getting the melee combat aspect to work from a game play point of view when you have MP, but maybe someones creative enough to get a system that works that isn't just random wade in button mashing or involves long stand offs where people just dart in and out. Then again maybe someone already has, and I just haven't heard of or tried this game.

Mount and blade warband/with fire and sword is multiplayer, but the original title isn't. Both of the multiplayer titles offer 64 player battles/seiges (warband is just the original title with multiplayer and an extra faction). The combat system isn't button mashing, the position of the mouse before you hold it down determines the type of strike (stab, swing etc.) and then you aim and release. Right click is held to defend, but sheilds get damaged fairly easily. You can of course take weapons from any people you defeat. There are ranged weapons like bows/crossbows (and in WFS powder guns) but these load slowly, like a real weapon would, and fire in arcs.

In the single player part of the game you can also act as a commander to whole armies of people (which you hire, it's like a true open world RPG where you can do what the hell you like) which involves strategy. Theres mods that people have done to include fantasy elements.

This x10000 I've been wanting to fire BF1942 up again but I can't find my disks :( Unfortunately I know if they tried remkaing 1942, the game would be ruined...

I would kill a room full of kittens if they remade BF1942. Literally! I would do anything to get inside a bomber and drop bombs on the enemy base as my gunners take out the fighters!

God damn I can't believe I am nostalgic over games:eek:

I would kill a room full of kittens if they remade BF1942. Literally! I would do anything to get inside a bomber and drop bombs on the enemy base as my gunners take out the fighters!

God damn I can't believe I am nostalgic over games:eek:

Buy BF1943?

(for consoles)

Fuck no, for the PC. If I wanted to play on 2006 tech I would have kept my ati x800 and amd K6 and 15" CRT :p

For people wanting to replay BF1942 or something similar, you can try the Forgotten Hope 2 mod for BF2, the first one was one of the most popular mods for BF1942. It's a lot more historically accurate than probably 90% of WWII games out while still being fun.

The main downside to playing it is that the majority of it's playerbase is in Europe. Though on weekdays there's usually at least two U.S. ~64/64 servers past 6PM PST.

I'd like some fantasy shooters, please. Futuristic competition(UT),Other planets, Alternate timelines, Ancient lost lands...etc
Same here
Whatever happened to games like Unreal 2 The Awakening

Mount and blade warband/with fire and sword is multiplayer, but the original title isn't. Both of the multiplayer titles offer 64 player battles/seiges (warband is just the original title with multiplayer and an extra faction). The combat system isn't button mashing, the position of the mouse before you hold it down determines the type of strike (stab, swing etc.) and then you aim and release. Right click is held to defend, but sheilds get damaged fairly easily. You can of course take weapons from any people you defeat. There are ranged weapons like bows/crossbows (and in WFS powder guns) but these load slowly, like a real weapon would, and fire in arcs.

In the single player part of the game you can also act as a commander to whole armies of people (which you hire, it's like a true open world RPG where you can do what the hell you like) which involves strategy. Theres mods that people have done to include fantasy elements.

I'll need to look at Mount and Blade again then, thanks. But I have RO2 and BF3 already preordered, and thinking about Nuclear Dawn, this is like a MP overload this fall already for me.

There is actually quite a few fantasy/sci fi type shooters coming out. Space Marine, Hard Reset, Serious Sam 2, DXHR, Metro 2033 Last Light, Stalker 2, Nuclear Dawn, Rage, Borderlands 2.

I want a Fallout game with Metro 2033's engine. Man I just walked through post apocalyptic Moscow....it looked AMAZING!...

No way, it's time for some WW1 action. Bi and tri planes...mustard gas, ah good times.

+1.. after playing RTCW:ET for over 6 years i'm fed up with WWII games. i don't want to see another one for at least 10 more years... its time to get some FPS style WWI and hell even a legit FPS civil war or revolutionary war(since it involved 3 different countries in land and sea battles) game would be bad ass! would be interesting to see how people could handle having to reload a musket rifle after every shot and throw in a little guerrilla warfare in there as well instead of the traditional gentleman's warfare that happened a lot in the civil war and revolutionary war.

The closest most recent FPS to match your description is probably Darkest of Days.

There's also a musket mod or something for HL1 a few years ago.

darkest of days had a lot of potential but just lacked a lot at the same time.. the most annoying thing was the fact that they over did the physics scripting.. they tried to claim it was realtime physics but it wasn't it was all trigger scripts.. hit a point all the leaves move as if you were kicking them.. all you had to do was walk up hit the trigger and walk back, then watch all the leaves move like you were walking through them but you weren't.

but that wasn't even the worst part of the game. it was the stupid automatic guns and futuristic weapons.. it was fun at first mowing down an entire army with a machine gun but it just got stupid after a while.

Last edited:

ROTFLMFAO!

Need more futuristic sci-fi shooters.

Agreed. ArmA3 is going to be semi-futuristic (i.e. current prototype/modern equipment but nothing too sci-fi) and I can't wait for that.

It's a shame BF2142 failed so badly.

I will indulged myself in some Brothers in arms: Hells Highway and some RUSE (couple of games I havent gotten around to playing yet on steam), until the Red Orchestra 2 beta starts.

Agreed. ArmA3 is going to be semi-futuristic (i.e. current prototype/modern equipment but nothing too sci-fi) and I can't wait for that.

It's a shame BF2142 failed so badly.
Honestly if you could mod Mass Effect 2 to be first person and have proper health, it'd probably be the best sci-fi FPS in the past five years. I don't know if that speaks more towards that game or the dearth of quality in that genre right now.

Honestly if you could mod Mass Effect 2 to be first person and have proper health, it'd probably be the best sci-fi FPS in the past five years. I don't know if that speaks more towards that game or the dearth of quality in that genre right now.

New vegas(without the RPG aiming), borderlands and portal would all be betterer :D

Buy BF1943?

(for consoles)

its not even being close to the same as a bf1942 remake.

the only thing 1943 has in common with 1942 is some of the maps are the same. other than that its 98% different and for the worst.

Back