Anybody else excited about MW3's release?

Not really...
To be honest after playing a crapload of CoD4 I haven't really payed attention to the game.

Probably won't be buying it!

I know this franchise catches a lot of flack on these forums, but until another developer releases a polished fast paced arcade style military shooter with a FFA mode I'm thinking CoD is gonna hold the crown in this department.

Looking forward to playing with some of you guys. :)

Not excited myself. When I want what you described, I just fire up good ol' COD4 personally. It's the last COD I've bought, and likely the last.

all cods after mw are basically the same graphic/gameplay wise. i bought most of them for 20-30dollar each, i prefer it over the battlefield series playing by myself (battlefields are more fun with friends)

There has been so many good game releases recently and more in horizon that I`ll give next installments of CoD a pass. Pure scanhit shooters are just too easy and makes server side latency a large issue if you want to "compete". Arma II is great fun in teams though.

I can understand guys like yourself supporting this game since other than the old arena shooters, there isn't anything else that offers FFA...so you won't cop any hate from me. I get annoyed at the one-eyed COD players who just won't try anything else when they only play the team-based gametypes like Domination/TDM, since I think BF gives a much more fulfilling sense of satisfaction from getting the win, as well as being better at team-based gameplay in general. I usually find personal success (like a good KD and a nice killstreak) is more fulfilling in COD than getting the team win...whereas getting a high KD in BF means nothing to me if we lose the round.
I would probably be able to get into team-based games more if I had real life friends that played. I just hate that helpless feeling you get when you're relying on other people in public servers.

I would probably be able to get into team-based games more if I had real life friends that played. I just hate that helpless feeling you get when you're relying on other people in public servers.

That's one point that is very hard to argue, One of the most aggravating things about playing BC2 was my squad (4 Friends) being up at the MCOM stations planting charges and looking down the hill to see all our teammates camping with sniper rifles.... The inherent flaw of team based games (People that play them like FFA and have no clue how to complete an objective) However as annoying as that is luckily i have a small group of friends that i can create a squad with and do it all ourselves :)

Because of that i can see why you prefer FFA playing by yourself.

Anyway, i have pre-ordered every single COD release to date (On PC) and i wont be grabbing MW3 at launch. I just cant get excited about it, Ill admit i care more about the graphics than most people do, especially when you have BF3, Rage, and Skyrim, all on revamped updated engines coming out i just cant see myself throwing another 60$ at the same thing i have purchased 4 times already. Once BF3 starts to get boring im sure i will break down and grab it, but at the moment i just have no interest.

That's one point that is very hard to argue, One of the most aggravating things about playing BC2 was my squad (4 Friends) being up at the MCOM stations planting charges and looking down the hill to see all our teammates camping with sniper rifles.... The inherent flaw of team based games (People that play them like FFA and have no clue how to complete an objective) However as annoying as that is luckily i have a small group of friends that i can create a squad with and do it all ourselves :)

That's what I loved about BC2. I could squad up with three guys from my clan and complete the objectives even with my team sniping or sucking. Now that BF3 has revamped the recon class, I can see it as being a lot better due to the nature of the changes they have made. As for the COD series, I found the first run through the ranks an ok experience, but when it comes to me wanting to play a twitch style arcade shooter, I will fire up GG on CSS. Nothing wrong with liking COD, but it's just to easy compared to playing CS for me.

I will go back to cod once they make a new game. So never probably.

too bad. Played the shit out of cod2 and 4.

Bf3 beta, from what I have played, is a new game in many respects. Pretty damn cool imo. Takes a hell of a pc to run nicely though. COD has an edge there.

Ehhh, somewhat I guess. Guitar Hero was more along the lines of a "fad" though. FPS's in general will always be evolving, not so much in the sense of being a "fad" but more along the lines of, "How can we reinvent what is already so popular?". <---- This is especially the case with the CoD franchise.

Madden on the other hand...there is only so much you can do with a sports title...annual installments are to be expected. I'm not really a fan of football or team sports in general though. I can see how fans of the series would be upset if it wasn't released in annual installments too however. I remember being kind of agitated when the whole "EA monopolizes the NFL trademark" happened. Though I've never been a fan of football I remember having a blast with NFL 2k on Dreamcast.

If you think that CoD is anything more than a fad, you're lying to yourself. They've released the same game 4 times already with different textures/guns/maps/missions. If that's not the definition of a fad, then I'm fucking clueless.

"Hey kids, remember Bop It? Well now there's Bop It Extreme 2, which totally isn't the same thing as Bop It Extreme!"

Last edited:
I'll probably wait for a steam sale before picking it up. I've always enjoyed the single-player campaign for these games but the multi-player isn't very engaging.

can't stand the constant complaining and bullying that goes on in the game, it ruins every round and speaks volumes about it's fan base. no doubt it will continue outsell anything and everything with it's $120 + price (which is absurd). I'm out.

If you think that CoD is anything more than a fad, you're lying to yourself. They've released the same game 4 times already with different textures/guns/maps/missions. If that's not the definition of a fad, then I'm fucking clueless.

"Hey kids, remember Bop It? Well now there's Bop It Extreme 2, which totally isn't the same thing as Bop It Extreme!"
By definition the term "fad" denotes something that is temporarily popular. The CoD series has been around for quite a long while, relatively speaking. That and it continues to gain popularity. I'm not gonna say you're clueless, but CoD is definitely not a "fad" by true definition.

With all things being relative I would say that CoD is more of a social gaming phenomenon that continues to grow in popularity based on its original genre defining gameplay...far from being a "fad".

What's new in this release?
Nothing really...CoD is gonna continue to do what it does so well, which is fast arcade style military action in the form of a FPS.

edit - They are bringing back dedicated servers for the PC version. Not really "new", but they are revisiting what made MW1 a better experience for PC gamers.

Last edited:
i'm moderately excited for it. i'm sure i'll play the shit out of it, but right now my attention is on BF3. i think as it gets closer to release i'll get more excited for it.

I get that, but no new features or gameplay?
Ehhh...yeah I guess if you want to call them that. The load outs of customizable classes are going to be a little more in depth from what it seems. They're adding a couple of game types which don't interest me personally because I only play FFA...other than that I don't think there is going to be anything that's going to "woo" anybody.

I am not a CoD or MW player, but I have to admit I am excited for its release. I am just really anxious to see how it is received...particularly the new "Elite" service. This could be a huge moment in gaming if something like this actually takes off...maybe for the best...maybe not...it certainly is intriguing.

I wonder if they will ever add rpg-lite stats and go semi MMO with the series.
I'm not sure what you mean by rpg-lite stats? As in the types of classes and abilities?

I have thought about the MMO idea before and in essence when you're playing/leveling your account it is for all intents and purposes like playing the PvP portion of an MMO...especially when you play games like CTF.

I am not a CoD or MW player, but I have to admit I am excited for its release. I am just really anxious to see how it is received...particularly the new "Elite" service. This could be a huge moment in gaming if something like this actually takes off...maybe for the best...maybe not...it certainly is intriguing.
Yeah, me too. It's only $50 and it includes 3 DLC's. I'm curious to see how seamlessly the stat tracking/"social" aspect of "Elite" works.

I'm not sure what you mean by rpg-lite stats? As in the types of classes and abilities?

I have thought about the MMO idea before and in essence when you're playing/leveling your account it is for all intents and purposes like playing the PvP portion of an MMO...especially when you play games like CTF.

Classes and abilities to a certain extent, but with stats like speed, agility and so on. Not every soldier on the battlefield has the exact same physical properties.

Classes and abilities to a certain extent, but with stats like speed, agility and so on. Not every soldier on the battlefield has the exact same physical properties.
Oh, as far as assigning different points based on experience...yeah that would be a nice addition. I guess that's basically what the perks amount to, in a sense. It would add a little depth to the experience of leveling if the customization of classes were a little deeper, I agree. Start a petition! :rolleyes: Haha

If the game was actually like how CoD4 was.. but improved I'd play it.. and would be pretty excited.

Iv been playing MW3 since Black ops was released.

You sure you havent played it? lol

you know no mater how many copies this franchise has sold, and how popular it is

MW will always make me think of MechWarrior

What's new in this release?

60fps.jpg

And.......

rde5623l.jpg

Summary: 60 FPS on consoles, and C4 strapped to dogs.

Not interested, Black Ops was a waste of my money and time and multiplayer sucked balls badly. Same old shit every year, hardly anything innovative. And its most likely going to be another console port anyway which is going to be a massive fail.

Add in all the expansion packs, it comes out to $120

I think they are also adding in the elite price as well. You gotta pay an extra $50 a year for it
The $120 price tag covers the cost of the game itself, the "Elite" service, and all 3 DLC's that will be released.

Not interested, Black Ops was a waste of my money and time and multiplayer sucked balls badly. Same old shit every year, hardly anything innovative. And its most likely going to be another console port anyway which is going to be a massive fail.
All things considered, there really hasn't been an "innovative" FPS game released in quite some time. The only CoD release that was even remotely considered being "innovative" was MW1 and that was only because of the way the MP was presented...every release following MW1 has only continued to build upon the success of that title. This is a good thing and a bad thing of course. Hopefully some developer will come along and push the boundaries eventually.

Until then, I've decided to make the best of what's out there. We've got the BF series for our polished military fps "team-based" experience, and CoD for our polished military arcade style shootem' up.

I was thinking about it, but I am really not excited. I may throw it on my Xmas list or one day pick it up if the price drops. I barely play Black Ops and when I do it is only Nuketown or unranked Gun Game mod servers.

The $120 price tag covers the cost of the game itself, the "Elite" service, and all 3 DLC's that will be released.

It amounts to an, up to, one year long $120 preorder, for an unknown quantity of unknown quality, content. That is a bit much for many to swallow.

It amounts to an, up to, one year long $120 preorder, for an unknown quantity of unknown quality, content. That is a bit much for many to swallow.
The "preorder" portion of the $120 is actually the $50 that is being charged for the "Elite" product. The other $60 is for the game itself. Tax is of course figured into the $120.

In today's economy I can totally understand why people would have a hard time swallowing the idea of paying $50 for content that is not yet revealed.

Back