Any1 has a sound sample WAV file of 45dB?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I already use the search engine, all it shows is a description of 45 dB, not an actual sound file WAVE

45dB (at least in the context of sound) describes the sound energy in the air at a given point. What you're asking for not only doesn't exist but doesn't make sense in any context.

If you want to get technical it describes the sound or acoustic pressure of a location relative to 20 micropascals (20 micropascals being equal to 0dB), so a 45dB sound would be 20 x 10 ^ 4.5 pascal local pressure deviation from the average ambient pressure of the area.

Also why is this in power supplies...

Last edited:
My guess is he posted in PSU's because a model he's interested in had a review that rated its fan noise at 45db, and he wants to hear what that might sound like for himself. If only acoustics were that simple....

My guess is he posted in PSU's because a model he's interested in had a review that rated its fan noise at 45db, and he wants to hear what that might sound like for himself. If only acoustics were that simple....
*turns speakers all the way down, assumes a silent power supply*

I am looking for MinuteMan UPS, in which all the spec. is very good, except it's 45 dB fan. So I need to hear how loud is 45 db?

From search engine, it gives a description of how loud it is. It says the acoustics level of a library. That could be anything, is that for a library with just a few people not talking, or a lot of people talking. I need to hear the PSU fan noise of this UPS, or any fan at 45 dB or any noise sample at 45 dB

http://www.minutemanups.com/media/enterprisepluslcd/images/JPEG/800/E750RT2U_rear_800.jpg

I am looking for MinuteMan UPS, in which all the spec. is very good, except it's 45 dB fan. So I need to hear how loud is 45 db?

From search engine, it gives a description of how loud it is. It says the acoustics level of a library. That could be anything, is that for a library with just a few people not talking, or a lot of people talking. I need to hear the PSU fan noise of this UPS, or any fan at 45 dB or any noise sample at 45 dB

http://www.minutemanups.com/media/enterprisepluslcd/images/JPEG/800/E750RT2U_rear_800.jpg

You can't 'hear' 45db from any recording because your own systems sensitivity and volume level dictate what sort of sound level you hear. Also the type of the noise matters a lot. A smooth hum at 45db may not irritate at all, then again a pitching high whine at 45db may make you want to gnaw your ears off.

Generally speaking 45db is very quiet:

threshold.gif

The only way for you to produce/reproduce a specific dB of sound is if you had a dB meter. If you just played sound through speakers, the absolute sound level you will hear depends on the volume setting of your speakers. That's why you only find comparisons...having a sound file of 'XX' dB is meaningless and doesn't exist in the absolute sense you're asking for. dB is not the same as frequency.

Last edited:
of course, I was rushing for answer when I post that mesg. I'll start another thread and see if there is any owner of Minuteman UPS, and how happy they are.

Back