Any X3: Terran Conflict players here?

Vlad_13

[H]ard|Gawd
Been playing this game since X3 came out, pretty fun but Terran Conflict runs like shit even on the high end system. So i stopped playing after like a month when TC release :( Just curious how many here play this game and if you do, how is your performance. In heavy populated sectors i get 18-22FPS. I know ego is promising a 2.1 which will fix the performance, hopefully!

For your viewing pleasure:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-aldrin-x3-terran/49492

For those who don't know this game this game is poorly coded on the AI (thousands and thousands of tasks) and therefore you need an extreme GHz to run this crap... And its single threaded. Long story.....

And please... do not compare this to EVE, OK?

Waiting for 2.1 myself.

X3:R is one of my all time favorites and I waited for X3:TC with great anticipation. It has been hard waiting even longer for them to fix it. CHeck out the rig in my sig............there are places (in the demo) that drop down into the low teens. If I change quality settings to medium, not only does it NOT have an impact on performance, all the stations turn white. Can't deal with that.

Funny thing is there are people with way less systems who don't have a problem. That said, there is a bad/low performance thread on the forums over there that has over 40,000 hits the last time I was there. New threads being made all the time with titles like "why does my GTX 295 get 5 fps" lol. I visit X3 forums at least once a day to see if there is news about 2.1.

I'll play it one day.

Yeah same here two three times a week i check their site, hoping for 2.1.

The game is fun tho.

It is almost the same exact game as Reunion. It is more of an expansion. It also makes joysticks useless with the new aiming designed for a mouse.

I am not sure why you guys are having performance issues. I get FPS in the 50-80s with everything maxed at 1680x1050. AA at 8x, AF at 16x.

I have it and it ran pretty decently on my 7900GS with everything cranked down, I haven't played it on my new hardware yet (I wish there was an easier way to mobile mine etc...)

It is almost the same exact game as Reunion. It is more of an expansion. It also makes joysticks useless with the new aiming designed for a mouse.

I am not sure why you guys are having performance issues. I get FPS in the 50-80s with everything maxed at 1680x1050. AA at 8x, AF at 16x.

The engine is X3 but the "AI Task" code is twice or even three times bigger/heavier on a CPU compared to Reunion's ;) and you get 50-80 on Reunion not on TC. On reunion i get those frame too but TC is a whole different story :) Play TC for 30-40 hours and you will see what i mean, on the beginning of the game its all sweet and peachee but when AI task grow to ten thousands that's when you get 10s in heavy populated sectors.

Back