any WOW Beta Testers?

tbonepat11

Limp Gawd
I was wondering if there are any World Of Warcraft beta testers here at all. If so, what would be your comparison to Star Wars Galaxies? Thanks!

I know theres a few kicking around...unfortunetly I'm not one of them :( Although opinions may have been bias on the blizzard boards I think everyone whos played both games has said that WoW is alot more polished and ALOT more fun. I havent played SWG...i also havent heard many good reveiws. I did however play in the WoW stress test and it was awsome . If your playing SWG right now cancel your account and save some cash for WoW, if your deciding which one to get WoW is a no brainer. hope that helps ya :D

lets put it this way, the grinding in WoW is MUCH better than galaxies. I played galaxies for about 2 months and after that I just couldnt stand the fact that there were lots of broken classes, the commando class comes to mind rather quickly and that pissed me off more than anything. Back to the grinding, in Galaxies I was very irritated at the grinding being so damn slow. WoW I was able to get a character to level 10 within about 4-5 hours, which is probably slow compared to most people.

The quests are a bit repetitive and silly at most times but there's so many of them that you can do like 3-4 at a time and then return to the quest giver and complete all of them which in turn gives you experience. That is something I don't believe Galaxies did. They just gave you money, which was ridiculous.

I've been playing on the PVP server which is quite fun...I saw a few high level characters raid the newb camps and get jumped by like 50 newbs. Man that was some funny stuff.

WoW is very polished, and I'm able to run it at 1280x1024 with 8xAA and 16xAF with my 6800 and it looks BEAUTIFUL! Although I do have some slowdown in the major cities such as Stormwind. Stormwind is freaking HUGE!

Let's just say ever since I saw that this game was going to come out, I've wanted it. Now that I've played it, it's lived up to everything I'd hoped for and more. Can't wait for retail.

QHalo said:
WoW is very polished, and I'm able to run it at 1280x1024 with 8xAA and 16xAF with my 6800 and it looks BEAUTIFUL! Although I do have some slowdown in the major cities such as Stormwind. Stormwind is freaking HUGE!

Heh, Stormwind is actually really small once you know how it's laid out. If you want huge, Ironforge is huge. :eek:

yeah I've mostly just been trying classes out trying to get a feel for what I want to play. I've not been outside much of where the humans are, or around Mulgore, or around the undercity. I'm saving some of the cool stuff for retail.

SOE did release JTL today. FOr people who don't know what that is it's the space expansion. SO maybe now they might fix the ground game.

Sky15 said:
SOE did release JTL today. FOr people who don't know what that is it's the space expansion. SO maybe now they might fix the ground game.
most of the people who played JTL ... Didnt like it after just playing 10 minutes of it

/raises hand

WoW Beta is 10x better than SWG is now. Yes, you read that correctly. The BETA of WoW is much more fun, has MORE conent, and has less bugs than SWG a year and a half after release.

I play on my 6800 GT at 1600 x 1200 with all the graphical settings turned up high.

its starting "SOON" - blizzard (3 weeks ago)

a patch should be comin out this week and i expect sign ups next week...DO NOT quote me cause ive said that exact thing for 3 weeks now lol

wow beta is the most stable beta i've ever played. ( iv been pretty much all of them.) and is the best mmporpg i ever played.

WoW is lightyears beyond SWG. Tons and tons of quests, detailed areas, and loot!
We're supposed to get the first raid encounter, onyxia (some dragon) with the next patch (maybe next week). It really sounds like there's some awsome raid content comming :) Plus more stuff being added.

They aren't rushing out a crappy unfinished beta like EQ2.

Galaxies is not comparable to WoW. I tried the two week trial of Galaxies and was sick of it after about 3 days. WoW I've been playing for some time now and I'm still not sick of it.

most of the people who played JTL ... Didnt like it after just playing 10 minutes of it

I never said it was fun. LOL

I was one of the people who got bored of it in 10 min.

Back