Any word on Torchlight ][ release ?

Some of the stuff I'm seeing in this thread in just the last page is just truly laughable.

I'd rather have a game not rushed out for the sake of some high QC any day of the week vs what's unfortunately been more of the rule in gaming.

Past this, folks, they're giving it away at $20!

I'm not talking about it from our aspect, the gameplayer. However long/short it takes to make it the optimal game, we win. However from the business side, they screwed themselves by letting their release get buried beneath other high profile games. They could have drafted behind D3's hype and gotten huge sales if they released shortly before it did.

Of course for me it means that Borderlands 2 gets pushed out since it is the pricier title and TL2 will get some quality play time ... at only $20 vs $60 it is easier to make that trade-off ... both titles will likely be on sale during the Thanksgiving Steam sales so I can TL2 now and then see if BL2 is nicely priced at Thanksgiving ;)

Of course for me it means that Borderlands 2 gets pushed out since it is the pricier title and TL2 will get some quality play time ... at only $20 vs $60 it is easier to make that trade-off ... both titles will likely be on sale during the Thanksgiving Steam sales so I can TL2 now and then see if BL2 is nicely priced at Thanksgiving ;)
I picked up Borderlands 2 for 36 dollars on greenmangaming.com

BL 2 wasn't one of the AAA titles I was really waiting on ... most of the ones I wanted in the Fall got pushed out ... Far Cry 3 pushed to November ... Bioshock Infinite pushed to next year ... of course that was good for my budget at least :)

Oh I see, I was just informing you that you can pick it up for much cheaper than the 60 bones you didn't want to throw down for the game.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound snippy ... I tend to do most of my purchases on Steam or GOG since I like to keep all my digital games in one basket (easier to manage that way) ... I don't mind waiting on the big expensive titles until they drop really low in a Steam seasonal sale, unless they were one I was really chomping at the bit for (I have more of an attachment to the TL series since I played many of the Fate games as well) ... with almost 300 games in my Steam account I rarely run out of things to play while I wait for the sales on the AAA titles I miss ... thanks for the heads up on the discount ... I am sure someone will benefit from it

This is good timing for me because I don't play coop or anything online besides Minecraft. Torchlight 2 will hold me for a long time--I had ~220 hours in TL1 and am currently playing it some more in prep. for TL2. By the time that's said and done and after some more Minecraft, Borderlands 2 should be on sale. That's not even getting into the Steam backlog that's roughly the same as it was two years ago (damn you Minecraft.)

Sorry, didn't mean to sound snippy ... I tend to do most of my purchases on Steam or GOG since I like to keep all my digital games in one basket (easier to manage that way) ... I don't mind waiting on the big expensive titles until they drop really low in a Steam seasonal sale, unless they were one I was really chomping at the bit for (I have more of an attachment to the TL series since I played many of the Fate games as well) ... with almost 300 games in my Steam account I rarely run out of things to play while I wait for the sales on the AAA titles I miss ... thanks for the heads up on the discount ... I am sure someone will benefit from it
You weren't snippy. Borderlands 2 happens to be a steam works title. So if you buy off greenmangaming they will send you a key to activate on steam and it will quite nicely into your steam catalog.

This is good timing for me because I don't play coop or anything online besides Minecraft. Torchlight 2 will hold me for a long time--I had ~220 hours in TL1 and am currently playing it some more in prep. for TL2. By the time that's said and done and after some more Minecraft, Borderlands 2 should be on sale. That's not even getting into the Steam backlog that's roughly the same as it was two years ago (damn you Minecraft.)

Seriously, I've never played it but I've watched some videos but what in the world makes Minecraft that fun. Not trying to put down something you enjoy doing, but I just don't get it. It looked really stupid from what I watched.

I haven't read every page here lately, so is there an official release date set in stone ?

I'm pre-loading on steam right now.

Says 1.4GB. Should be ready for the 20th... lol

Had to restart Steam to get it to allow me to download it. Can't wait for the 20th!

Can't see how fans are going to be disappointed. Music's gorgeous, too.

First 25 Minutes of Gameplay - Act 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvbdswIo5GE

Holy hell does that ever look low-budget. A friend gifted me the game so I've already got it pre-loaded and ready to play (love ARPGs in general), but man...can that seriously be the game maxed out? The textures all look so bland.

I'm also curious about the run speed: is that the default speed? Seems really fast unless there are no speed boosting stats.

Holy hell does that ever look low-budget. A friend gifted me the game so I've already got it pre-loaded and ready to play (love ARPGs in general), but man...can that seriously be the game maxed out? The textures all look so bland.

I'm also curious about the run speed: is that the default speed? Seems really fast unless there are no speed boosting stats.

An art style = Low budget? Oh my...

An art style = Low budget? Oh my...

You say that like a chosen art style could never indicate a low budget (or lesser amount of time spent on it). Everything just seems very flat and lacking in detail (youtube isn't the best for that though), like the transitions from grass to dirt around the hills and whatnot. At 5:00 you can see some cool weather effects like the stormclouds rolling overhead casting shadows on the ground...except that the shadows seem to pass under the slain monsters lying on the ground.

This video actually seems much better to me, so I wonder if that guy just had lousy recording settings even though he showed the options menu maxed out.

Sadly, I think due to the release date of this game it's going to take a backseat to BL2 for awhile for me.

It's Matt Uelmen, he made the music in Diablo, and Diablo 2. So he has a lot of experience with this kind of music.

He practically wrote the soundtrack to my childhood with Diablo and D2. Loved his work on Torchlight as well

Why does my pre-load keep downloading stuff over and over? Are they adding stuff they forgot or what? Also 2d 14h left.

It does the same for me. I just paused it for now.

It's always going from 1.1gb to 1.4gb in a loop every time I restart steam.

Borderlands 2 is now tien me over until TL2. Great, now my whole fall season is gone, thank you Runic and Gearbox!

Borderlands 2 is now tien me over until TL2. Great, now my whole fall season is gone, thank you Runic and Gearbox!

same here bro...

glad i finished sleeping dogs last night while waiting for borderlands 2!

:D

For anyone interested in the soundtrack by Matt Uelmen, Runic is offering the CD-quality download from their site for free! http://www.torchlight2game.com/

Enjoy.

September 18th, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

We're in the final stretch before launch (2 days!! OMG!!) and we're excited to unlock a treat in honor of all our fans: The full official soundtrack, mixed and mastered specifically for your listening enjoyment, in professional CD-quality. Free.

You know I haven't played D1 or D2 in years...but I can hear the music right now in my head. I just played D3 yesterday, and can't remember wtf music was there. Matt Uelmen is a legend, too Blizz let him go.

Back