Any way to force 3D clocks?

sircuddles

Limp Gawd
My 780 Ti won't go into 3D clock speed with Warcraft open, even when I'm sometimes getting 30 FPS (and 30% CPU usage). Is there any way to force 3D speeds at all times, or at least force it to use them in certain applications?

I'm using a 780 Ti @ +200 Core and 2500k @ 4.2.

Are you playing windowed fullscreen? surround? In any case either create a program file or specify a global setting of "maximum performance" for power management in the nv control panel. Do you have adaptive vsync/30 on by chance? Otherwise, did you just upgrade to the 780ti? It could be lingering driver files from your old card, that shouldn't happen. 780ti should generally kill WoW in terms of high FPS.

Are you playing windowed fullscreen? surround? In any case either create a program file or specify a global setting of "maximum performance" for power management in the nv control panel. Do you have adaptive vsync/30 on by chance? Otherwise, did you just upgrade to the 780ti? It could be lingering driver files from your old card, that shouldn't happen. 780ti should generally kill WoW in terms of high FPS.

I'm playing in Windowed Fullscreen and it's already set to maximum performance. Vsync/adaptive is off.

I've had the 780 Ti for a while, it works fine. It just doesn't automatically use 3D clocks in WoW for some reason.

I'm playing in Windowed Fullscreen and it's already set to maximum performance. Vsync/adaptive is off.

I've had the 780 Ti for a while, it works fine. It just doesn't automatically use 3D clocks in WoW for some reason.

That is...really strange. I never had that with a vanilla 780 sli or even single card, I always had full 3d clocks when vsync was off with framerates in the 100s-200s (except in busy 25 man raids, and I used tons of mods as well).

Which driver are you using? Sounds really weird, not sure what's up with that. Does fullscreen non windowed fix it?

I'm using 331.82, none of the in game video options fix it. I also notice it does the same in Hearthstone, although that's kind of forgivable since it takes nothing to run. It just sits at 875 core instead of 1220. I'm playing at 1440 and have 2 other monitors, but I don't think that should affect anything.

Back