Any way to fill an AIO without a port on the radiator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viivo

[H]ard|Gawd
In the process of modifying an EVGA Hybrid AIO to fit a 5700 XT, I removed the mounting plate from the pump head without realizing it was also functioning as a seal. As a result, at least a third of the liquid ran out.

Is there any way to refill this thing? It's practically new and would work perfectly for this small mod so I can't just toss it without trying a few things.

It's not an easy thing to do, but it is possible. Never done it myself, but I've hacked up AIOs for other purposes. The best method I've read is that you get yourself a big ol' bowl of coolant, detach one radiator hose, dunk the open end of the radiator and the open end of the hose both in said coolant, and power up the pump. Eventually all the bubbles will be worked out into your "reservoir" of a bowl, and you remake the radiator/hose connection with both open ends still submerged in the coolant.

I would splice in a t line. You could also use a fill port to seal it up once its filled. You can make the fill line as long or short as you want. Just need to know the inside diameter of the aio tubing. Then use a syringe or something small enough to fit into the t to fill it. Bump the pump a couple of times until the fluid drops. Rinse and repeat until the coolant doesnt drop.

Edit- the fill line acts as a res in a t line.

What hititnquitit said. I will only add to have the 'T' and fill tube in line on intake side of pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back