Any users here have experience with dell exchange after failed repairs

Cylocybin

Limp Gawd
Initiated support last monday with dell for alienware 17 r4 gtx 1070 that had a dead rj-45 port

Dell sent on-site tech on thursday to replace motherboard etc

After that the gpu was dead and undetected by bios/os inoperable

Sent to dell repair depot on Saturday arrived monday .. Was completed and reshipped back to me yesterday.

Arrived today with similar gpu issues but with screen artifacts this time.

Dell support decided to waive 3rd repair and escalate to upper management for review for exchange etc with quoted response time of 24-48 business hours.

Anyone else ever been in this situation?

Just looking for some positive insight if any to be found, cant help my suspicious thoughts and thinking im gonna get screwed.

If it's been escalated, something tells me you're going to get a complete replacement. And hopefully that will be in 100% working condition. (y)

I had good dealings with a system replacement when I had to do it with my old Alienware 18. It originally had 2x 780m cards in SLI and they upped me to 2x 980m cards! When they asked if it was okay ... I was like, hell yeah! This was a few years back so YMMV but made me feel much better about dropping that much cash on a laptop way back when.

Oh and the CPU went from a 4800 to a 4940 in the new system too!

yea they just over nighted me a 1080 model with QHD gsync screen 32gb etc etc ..hoping it works out of the box. if it does, best luck ive ever had.

Awesome! I hope it's dead perfect so you can get back to the fun. (y)

Back