Any upcoming coop games?

wfalcon

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm pretty familiar with what exists already (Rainbow 6, SWAT 4, Serious Sam, RTS games). But I'm rather disappointed that most devs seem to gloss over coop for PC games these days. I remember having fun with JO and its expansion back in the day. Is there anything that looks promising outside of stupid bot mode games (Battlefield series)?

[H]ard|Gawd
Left 4 Dead should be commin out sometime next year hopefully.

What are they doing to Left 4 Dead anyway, rewriting it from scratch? There were public playtests many months ago, and yet it hasn't been released. What's going on? I can't believe that Valve beat these guys to release with the Orange Box. :eek:

Nomikal

Gawd
The upcoming Turok game is supposed to have 4-player coop. That should be interesting.

BladeVenom

Supreme [H]ardness
I think Operation Flashpoint 2, Rage, Haze, and Borderlands are going to have coop play.

Silus

Supreme [H]ardness
What are they doing to Left 4 Dead anyway, rewriting it from scratch? There were public playtests many months ago, and yet it hasn't been released. What's going on? I can't believe that Valve beat these guys to release with the Orange Box. :eek:

Yeah, it's hard to imagine that anyone else is slower that Valve, in terms of releases.
2K beats Valve in terms of patch releases though. 3.5 months to get a Bioshock patch...

Silus

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm pretty familiar with what exists already (Rainbow 6, SWAT 4, Serious Sam, RTS games). But I'm rather disappointed that most devs seem to gloss over coop for PC games these days. I remember having fun with JO and its expansion back in the day. Is there anything that looks promising outside of stupid bot mode games (Battlefield series)?

As was already mentioned, Left 4 Dead should be the most anticipated coop game. I have no idea when it's supposed to be released though.

Gimme Yo Shoes

Weaksauce
Left 4 Dead Q1 08, its already been pushed back almost a year. My only guess is that valve didn't want it to take orange box's thunder or they have to do more work with the new source engine

Brownstone

Gawd
Waiting for L4D also here
I really hope its a survival coop ala Resident Evil 3 Extinction movie... and not Zombie Team + Bots vs Survivals

Roufuss

Gawd

OP, you're probably better off getting a 360 or something, since the games coming to the PC that will have co-op for the most part are console ports anyways, and will probably get some shitty conversion to the PC. Co-op is a pretty big deal in console land, not so much for the PC though.

I mean, look at how bad Ubisoft fucked up Vegas for the PC... I'm staying far away from Vegas 2 on the PC.

auxout

Limp Gawd
I mean, look at how bad Ubisoft fucked up Vegas for the PC... I'm staying far away from Vegas 2 on the PC.

What was wrong with it?
Other than being a departure from the old Rainbow 6's, I had a blast playing the coop, I actually originally skipped it because I had tried that piece of garbage lockdown and figured this was more of the same.