Any truly anti-oil/smuge tempered glass protectors?

SilverSliver

[H]F Junkie
I have oily skin. I have an iCarez on my G3 and it gets smudged like crazy. Are there any really good oleophobic tempered glass protectors out there?

I just put a Spigen nano-thin on the G3, and with my hands, there is no smudging. I can still see prints under light from certain angles, but nowhere as much as on the phones, screen without it. You can almost clean what is left behind from use by giving it a stern look.

I just put a Spigen nano-thin on the G3, and with my hands, there is no smudging. I can still see prints under light from certain angles, but nowhere as much as on the phones, screen without it. You can almost clean what is left behind from use by giving it a stern look.

I have Skinomi on my wifes phone, which when I put up to my face instantly becomes a smudged mess. Same on my iCarez for my G3. I might try Spigen.

Last edited:
It's been my experience the oleophobic glass coatings wear off very quickly, even those applied by the cellphone makers at the factory. What we really need is a oleophobic coating solution you can apply every week or two, along the lines of RainX.

I had a very good experience with this on my MIME tempered glass screen protector, but then my digitizer crapped out and I had to take it off to swap the screen (they are one-application only). HUGE difference between that and the piece of crap "OEM" replacement I got (and by "OEM" they actually mean NOT-OEM).

It's been my experience the oleophobic glass coatings wear off very quickly, even those applied by the cellphone makers at the factory. What we really need is a oleophobic coating solution you can apply every week or two, along the lines of RainX.

Just use Rain X?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1r3c57/use_rain_x_on_your_screen_digitizer/

Yup, it doesn't matter what protector you have, it will wear off after a while, so you have to re-apply it.

I got this Nilkin glass protector for my M8 and its oleophobic coating was awesome for a couple months and it wore off completely. So now I'm considering buying this spray to reapply it, but it's somewhat expensive. I scratched my protector a bit still, so I think for now I'm just gonna replace it for half the price. But that bottle is good for 3-4 applications it says, so it may still be worth it if it lasts a few months per application. Seems to work from the top reviews. I'm guessing the bad reviews are morons that can't read directions (as most bad reviews are).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have spray cleaner called Whoosh. And it works for like a week or two at a time.

http://www.amazon.com/WHOOSH-31100B...ie=UTF8&qid=1427141282&sr=8-1&keywords=whoosh

It's currently priced at $14.58 for 108 mL.

I've purchased it on February 4, 2014 mostly for my Surface Pro. (I wipe my phone with the already wet cloth from wiping the Surface.) And I'm still on the first bottle, and it'll probably last me till next year.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Look for Tech Armor HD glass protector. Using it on my iPhone 6+ right now for a few months and still going strong. Minimal finger prints if ever and could easily wipe off with your hands too. It's almost smudge free. I dont even use any kind of cloth to clean the screen. Good luck

Back