Any Suggestions for an Ultra Rugged White 4S Case?

shanker

Weaksauce
I bought two 4S's..one for my wife, and one for me...I got her the Lifeproof case in pink..

I cant seem to decide on a case for mine...I hate the fact that every case manufacturer says that their cases are not compatible with the White versions....any tips from ya'll?

Do you want "throw it out your window then go hiking" rugged? I've seen Otterbox cases on colleague's white iPhone 4S's phones and they like them a lot but they are rather thick, on purpose.

I also like cases from InCase.. they seem like cases which are durable and well designed to compliment the phone not take away from it.

Otterbox ftw. I DO throw my phone and go hiking. Have a black one atm, but have a white one coming in from amazon for only 6 bucks.

When I grabbed my 4S I had to replace my OtterBox with the new OtterBox, it has different cutouts for the front & back so they support the 4S phones. The rubber material is also a lot less easy to get on & off, but it does the job. $50

Just a note for the OP. The OtterBox will protect your phone from almost anything, however, it completely changes the look and feel of the phone.

It makes it so big, it kind of looks like a toy phone.

Just a note for the OP. The OtterBox will protect your phone from almost anything, however, it completely changes the look and feel of the phone.

It makes it so big, it kind of looks like a toy phone.
i've seen quite a few otterboxes on colleagues iphones and thats exactly what they remind me of, toys. i don't think i could get used to that. i like the look of the phone too much. mind you, i'm very cautious with all my things.

If you want to keep your phone stream lined, and can spare a few bucks. I suggest the Element Vapor case, I got the white iphone 4s and bought the pro version in white and get nothing but compliments, and love the way it looks, feels, and its pretty durable.

I got a lifeproof case which arrived today...its nice...but it makes the phone not sit on the charging dock :(

so I still gotta shop for a case for my wifes phone....the Element cases are pretty dang sexy..she might like the pink one

Super expensive... but those Vapor cases are the best looking I've ever seen. Ever. I might actually buy one. Although, it almost defeats the purpose of a case; I wouldn't want to scratch that fucking thing almost as much as the actual phone.

I have an OtterBox for my iPod Touch. It's excellent, though it adds bulk. On the Touch it's not a big deal since the device is so thin (actually too thin for my tastes, I prefer the look and feel with the OtterBox on it) but it might make the iPhone too large.

Props for something made in the USA and cheap. I like the executive field case. I wish they had something for ipod touch.

The $150 one is made in the USA, too.

don't fall into the Otterbox trap....overpriced crap IMO.

Crap? Really? Mines been thrown agaisnt walls, dropped from 3rd story windows, run over by a truck, dropped IN to a toilet, thrown at me, and stepped on, and the iPhone itself STILL looks BRAND NEW. The case, only a couple scratches. Crap...ha. Oh, and howmuch did mine cost? $1.76 on amazon.

My white 4s in a black Otterbox looks sexy. It does add some bulk but it's worth the protection.

I had/have an Otterbox Commuter, found I wasn't quite happy with it, so I picked up a Speck Candyshell, almost the same level of protection, but lacking the things I didn't like with the Commuter (namely, a separate layer that is a lint collector.

Candyshell is still a 2 layer case, but the two layers are combined into one case, and unlike the Otterbox where a decent amount of the case exterior is exposed soft silica, the Candyshell is almost a full hard case (only exposed soft silica, is at the corners to get the case enough flex to snap on.

A friend of mine has the Life case http://www.lifeproof.com . The Otterbox is nice but the Life case is waterproof for accidental drops in the shitter when you're taking a deuce and what not :D. The only thing I don't like about it though is that there is a gap between the front screen and the front cover of the Life case. If you could care less about your Iphone being waterproof the Otterbox is a good case (Defender iirc)

A friend of mine has the Life case http://www.lifeproof.com . The Otterbox is nice but the Life case is waterproof for accidental drops in the shitter when you're taking a deuce and what not :D. The only thing I don't like about it though is that there is a gap between the front screen and the front cover of the Life case. If you could care less about your Iphone being waterproof the Otterbox is a good case (Defender iirc)

I got the life proof a few weeks go...its nice...but I dont like the gap either...its really annoying...I sent an email to lifeproof asking if I could return it since I'm not happy with it, I have yet to get a reply

Order up one of the knock off vapor pro's

Got mine for $25 and the thing is stellar

Order up one of the knock off vapor pro's

Got mine for $25 and the thing is stellar

I'm an American...typically us American's do not support commy bastards!

I'ts been a few weeks now since I've managed to purchase 100% made in North America (I include Canada & Mexico) goods....

Clothes are the hardest...even Lucky dungaree's moved production to asia :(

I'm an American...typically us American's do not support commy bastards!

I'ts been a few weeks now since I've managed to purchase 100% made in North America (I include Canada & Mexico) goods....

Clothes are the hardest...even Lucky dungaree's moved production to asia :(

Well, have fun with that and good luck..

I'll still enjoy my chinese case :p

I used to use an otterbox and they are great cases. I switched to a white lifeproof for my 4S. It's less bulky that the otter box, so you can actually still put it in your pocket pretty easily. On the otter boxes, I usually cut out the built in screen protector because I hated the air bubbles. I haven't come across that issue with the lifeproof so far. Both cases are durable. the plus for the otter box is the belt clip.

Just a word of caution with the Otterbox Defender case. The silicon tends to stretch a lot on the iPhone 4 and becomes loose. I've gone through a couple so far (Otterbox has sent me new ones at no charge) but it gets annoying that they only last a month. I never had this problem with the Defender for the iPhone 3G.

What a great time we live in.

You can buy 2 iPhones and worry about which country manufactures the cases.

What a great time we live in.

You can buy 2 iPhones and worry about which country manufactures the cases.

well....I had decided that my wife and I wanted iPhones...no choice there....but I did have a choice as to where to get my accessories from..

same as my trucks, car I'm shopping for (Volkswagen Passat made in Louisiana), hand tools (mostly truck brands)...clothes are HARD!

toys from my kiddo are pretty tough too.....

huuuuge quality difference between "not bad" and "the best"

plus, buying American is the right thing to do whenever possible, you never know who's job you may save, it may be your own

i don't know the difference, as i just can see one from my friend, but i like cheap and good case, and this case is nice enough.

Back