I plan to move over to the Horde to fold... mostly SMP boxes:

920d
820d (1 normal CPU+1 GPU X1950GT)
X2 4400+
920d
820d
820d
e6600

and honestly, I don't care about points. I hate tracking myself, I loathe seeing "lol points went up!" kind of thing. I just load them, run them, and check them to make sure they're not dying.

That being said, I know some people love the points. So I'd be happy to fold under someone else's name, or a subteam: So, do sub-teams exist within the Horde?

Howdy folks.

920d
X2 4400+
920d
820d
820d
e6600

and honestly, I don't care about points. I hate tracking myself, I loathe seeing "lol points went up!" kind of thing. I just load them, run them, and check them to make sure they're not dying.

That being said, I know some people love the points. So I'd be happy to fold under someone else's name, or a subteam: So, do sub-teams exist within the Horde?

Honestly, no. You will see some fighting here to grab a slice of the pie if you are willing to fold for someone's else... Even myself, I'm tempted to ask but I will refrain.

Why don't you just use your name and fold under team 33 just to have the satisfaction to see something being accomplished ? ;)

Well, it's more of an obsessive compulsive disorder on my end. If I fold as "myself", I'll want to compete. And thus, I'll purchase more CPUs and GPUs that will serve no purpose other than to create heat and fold. And honestly, I just don't need that. I must keep telling myself that. For example? The 920ds I have listed used to be 820ds; until the Linux SMP client came out, and dammit if I didn't want to VMWare fold on them, thus, I needed VT. And so out went the 820ds, and in went in the 920ds... and the 820ds went into new folding machine. It's a sickness, I tell ya!

And don't get me started on the current price of X1950GTs!

If you want to get lost in the numbers, add them to FLECOM's name, he has like 700-800 cpu's under him, just hit 30 million or so points

Can always do an old time name like Midnight Freak just for giggles...

or another "dead" username... or start a subteam (idea was passed around but never started here)...

or just fold for me ;)

Well, it's more of an obsessive compulsive disorder on my end. If I fold as "myself", I'll want to compete. And thus, I'll purchase more CPUs and GPUs that will serve no purpose other than to create heat and fold. And honestly, I just don't need that. I must keep telling myself that. For example? The 920ds I have listed used to be 820ds; until the Linux SMP client came out, and dammit if I didn't want to VMWare fold on them, thus, I needed VT. And so out went the 820ds, and in went in the 920ds... and the 820ds went into new folding machine. It's a sickness, I tell ya!

Ya' know...we use this to draw you in... :D
If you want to get lost in the numbers, add them to FLECOM's name, he has like 700-800 cpu's under him, just hit 30 million or so points

Can always do an old time name like Midnight Freak just for giggles...

or another "dead" username... or start a subteam (idea was passed around but never started here)...

or just fold for me ;)
Maybe he could just start a subteam and see if they can give FLECOM a run for his money. :D :D

Been there.
Done that.
Got the BOXEN ....... :p

Welcome to the addiction.

Luck ........... :D

I see now... A good way to hide your stats is to configure each box to fold under a random team 33 member that you pick. Like that, some guys is happy to get your points and you cannot follow it accurately ;)

Use a random number generator and put in the number of ranks the team has. Generate enough random numbers for each of your boxes, check who's rank the number equates to, and fold under them.

Best way to do it!

Unless, of course, you want to put them under my name :p

Historicaly it was Relic who got extra boxen.
There was a thread about trying to get him to 100 CPU after he added about 10 boxen and saw the CPU count go up by around 20.

Luck ......... :D

Historicaly it was Relic who got extra boxen.
There was a thread about trying to get him to 100 CPU after he added about 10 boxen and saw the CPU count go up by around 20.

Luck ......... :D

Ah, my lovely "Get Relic to 100" thread. :D

I don't care who you fold for if you decide to put them under someone else. However, I don't suggest using anyone unless you contact them first if you are using an active folder.

I would personally get pissed if someone else started folding using my name. I know my points and my work units are mine and that's important to me. I know what my boxen can do and any additions to my total would be very noticeable.

I think you would be better off starting a "sub-team" of your own. If others want to join you there, that's fine and there are no problems with that. It's probably the safest way to do things.

Howdy folks.

920d
X2 4400+
920d
820d
820d
e6600

maybe you can just use the name Anonymous under team 33?

I ended up switching some over to FLECOM, or plan to in the short term. I want to get lost in the numbers, and not notice myself :D

I ended up switching some over to FLECOM, or plan to in the short term. I want to get lost in the numbers, and not notice myself :D

I've been away from the computer for a week, and just noticed this post.

I'm not too proud to ask for help... if that is what you are offering. I am a stats whore, and I can use the points!

My folding name is pocatello. I'd be happy to take some of the burden off of you and have your points. I'll take any points from anyone, dang it! :D

Send them my way if you please. I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance! Welcome to the addiction! I will do my part to help cure your addiction! ;)

Back