Any Speed runs through DOOM 3 yet?

I'm the Dude man

[H]ard|Gawd
Remember when people made game demos of flying through Quake 2 single player and stuff like that? Speed runs to make it through the game?

Well....anyone found any stuff like that yet? I know the game is new and all but I wouldn't be surprised.

Everytime I try and run from shit in d3 they just end up chasing me or spawning near me...

I'd like to see. Everytime I try and see how fast i can go through a level or just rush through soemthing since i was goign to load another save, i end up getting my ass handed to me. Haha.

I don't think it's possible to do a 15 minute (or whatever) run through of Doom 3. Mainly because it's so heavily scripted. Many doors and ladders just won't open up until you kill everything that moves.

it would require noclipping to do a speed run because of the way its written

DaVisionz said:
it would require noclipping to do a speed run because of the way its written

and noclipping would make some of the map triggers not work, you wouldnot be able to finish the game no clipped

Steel Chicken said:
and noclipping would make some of the map triggers not work, you wouldnot be able to finish the game no clipped

But all of the level exits in the game consist of just clicking on a computer screen. Wouldn't that still work regardless of what was or wasn't triggered during the level?

Bane said:
But all of the level exits in the game consist of just clicking on a computer screen. Wouldn't that still work regardless of what was or wasn't triggered during the level?

if you can find it. some of the levels later on have seperate "islands" in the map space and its kinda hard to know which one to goto...eg you get teleported around.
im pretty sure the teleports dont work right when your clipped as well.

the end level should work *if* you can get to it

Steel Chicken said:
if you can find it. some of the levels later on have seperate "islands" in the map space and its kinda hard to know which one to goto...eg you get teleported around.
im pretty sure the teleports dont work right when your clipped as well.

the end level should work *if* you can get to it

You're right, I know exactly the parts you are talking about. You could just do a quick console command to turn the clip on for the teleporters.

Back