any sound quality improvement by using professional sound card such as Digigram?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
is there any noticeable sound quality improvement on games (I only plays the ones on facebook) from using professional sound card such as Digigram.

As I notice they have XLR Balance out, that I can connect directly to my active speaker that has XLR connector.

Is there anyone here uses professional sound card? It doesn't has to be digigram, it can anything as long as it has win 10 driver.

and is the driver stable, any serious bugs or annoying bugs?

I don't think any analog source out of a PC will beat an external pre-amp taking a digital source from the PC from a noise floor perspective.

That's like asking 'Do I need a 88mm German flak gun to hunt ducks'. For a facebook game laptop speakers are too good already.

well, I do have a few paid PC games in my SSD, but I just don't have time to play them. Eventually like Xmas holidays, I'll find time

But I also listen to youtube video and watch other video as well

well, I do have a few paid PC games in my SSD, but I just don't have time to play them. Eventually like Xmas holidays, I'll find time

But I also listen to youtube video and watch other video as well

You'll get 6db higher output if you use XLR (balanced one). Other than that the differences should be minimal. If you want to invest, put money to speakers or head gear depending on what you use. Those bring real tangible improvements.

is there any noticeable sound quality improvement on games (I only plays the ones on facebook)...

Funny thing about gaming audio - almost all of it is arbitrary and artificial - by that I mean that we don't really know what a space blaster, stealth field or warp drive should sound like - we're not constantly listening to gaming sounds and expecting them to sounds "real" - we just expect them to sound convincing and immersive.

Unlike music reproduction where we expect a sound stage and certain qualities like transparency, etc (Try this if you have a decent system: https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Demonstration-Disc-Various-artists/dp/B00ESXHHC4/)

In my opinion, there are almost no standards for gaming audio - other than having decent full range sound with some punch at the low end so as long as you like it, I think it's good sound.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Boonie, you're right. In the future, a better speaker it is then. I'm using M Audio M3-8, so it's quite good. Some other members here recommends it

Back