Any Sandy Bridge m-ITX coming? Any news?

I just got the ASRock H67M-ITX this morning, any measurements you guys want me to take?

yeah how bout center of the socket to the nearest edge of the ram slots, and same to the nearest edge of the pcie slot? thanks. :cool:

yeah how bout center of the socket to the nearest edge of the ram slots, and same to the nearest edge of the pcie slot? thanks. :cool:

I would like the same thing. I was hoping a Scythe Shuriken would fit with a gfx card in the PCIe slot as its a bunch cheaper than the Samuel 17 which I think should fit based on the photo on the ASRock site.

What cooler do you plan on using? Are you going to put in a discrete gfx card?

Thanks!
-s0rce

about 2 inches apart from center of cpu to ram, and center of cpu to pci slot

dscn4186j.jpg

I would like the same thing. I was hoping a Scythe Shuriken would fit with a gfx card in the PCIe slot as its a bunch cheaper than the Samuel 17 which I think should fit based on the photo on the ASRock site.

What cooler do you plan on using? Are you going to put in a discrete gfx card?

Thanks!
-s0rce

dscn4190.jpg

going to use antec H20 or corsair H60.

about 2 inches apart from center of cpu to ram, and center of cpu to pci slot

going to use antec H20 or corsair H60.
\

I hope you post pictures I'd like to see how you set it up!

Thanks! good luck

I got one as well last Tuesday. Almost done putting it in a SG07 case with 2600 cpu, 8 GB, SSD, 3.5" HDD and 5870. Cooler I used was the NT06 since the SG07 has a nice big fan blowing air down over it.

I'll post some pictures later today or in the weekend. Let me know if anyone has any questions on this board or my build. Was a real challenge routing all cables, but so much fun putting together. Turned out to be a pretty kick ass build :)

One warning: don't enable x2APIC in the BIOS, it crashed my Windows 7 64-bit install DVD (both with and without SP1 slip streamed). There's an article on the Microsoft site for Server 2008 which confirms this issue and says Windows will also crash on boot with this enabled if you don't install the hot fix. I just left it off.

I got one as well last Tuesday. Almost done putting it in a SG07 case with 2600 cpu, 8 GB, SSD, 3.5" HDD and 5870. Cooler I used was the NT06 since the SG07 has a nice big fan blowing air down over it.

I'll post some pictures later today or in the weekend. Let me know if anyone has any questions on this board or my build. Was a real challenge routing all cables, but so much fun putting together. Turned out to be a pretty kick ass build :)

One warning: don't enable x2APIC in the BIOS, it crashed my Windows 7 64-bit install DVD (both with and without SP1 slip streamed). There's an article on the Microsoft site for Server 2008 which confirms this issue and says Windows will also crash on boot with this enabled if you don't install the hot fix. I just left it off.

I would have thought the NT06 would interfere with the gfx card in the PCIe slot, does it actually fit? Pics would be great!

I would have thought the NT06 would interfere with the gfx card in the PCIe slot, does it actually fit? Pics would be great!

You'll have to bend it for sure. There's a review online somewhere where they fit an NT06 into an SG07 and had to do the same. Clearance between the pipes and the graphics card is small, as well as with the block and the cables (SATA) on the other side, but it does fit.

Took me a while to figure out how to mount it properly though. Let's just say the instructions aren't very clear ;)

Too bad it doesn't have a mini-pcie slot like MSI's and Zotac's mITX boards.

The lack of a mini PCe means that we cant add a wifi card. Means that to get wifi we will either have to use the PCI slot-which defeats using a discrete graphics card, or use a USB dongle, which is not very elegant.

It has a full size PCIe slot, which is way better and more options :rolleyes:
I don't think you understand. I'm not blind. I see the PCIe 16x slot. With a mini-PCIe slot, you can add a TV tuner, wifi card, additional USB controller, etc..

I have a mini-PCIe USB3.0 card that I used in a Zotac board to power the front USB3.0 ports in my LianLi case so I wouldn't have to route the cables out the back of the case and use up the USB3.0 ports on the back of my motherboard.

unfortunately, the SSDs you're thinking of wont work in mini PCIe slots. They need a mSATA slot, which looks just like a mini PCIe, but isn't. I know cuz I wanted to put in a spare slot in a laptop and discovered they are not compatible.
Still, a mini PCIe is very valuable to have.

unfortunately, the SSDs you're thinking of wont work in mini PCIe slots. They need a mSATA slot, which looks just like a mini PCIe, but isn't. I know cuz I wanted to put in a spare slot in a laptop and discovered they are not compatible.
Still, a mini PCIe is very valuable to have.

actually, I confirmed the electrical pinout with supertalent engineers on their forthcoming Core Store MV and they say it conforms to the PCI-SIG standard, thus not mSATA (pins 31 and 33 reversed).

check my thread over in the data forum on my search ;)

are there really all that many useful mini-pcie cards that are half-length? i feel like most of them are gonna be too long to use in this board since youre limited in length by those caps. all ive seen so far are wifi cards...

are there really all that many useful mini-pcie cards that are half-length? i feel like most of them are gonna be too long to use in this board since youre limited in length by those caps. all ive seen so far are wifi cards...

Some boards have full length mini-PCIe slots. I know some of Zotac's are, but I'm not sure about other manufacturers.

I notice an interesting variant of USB 3.0 on the Asus board. Their rear panel USB 3.0 connector has two additional connectors at 90 degrees so that they are available internally. I think this must be for cases that have USB 3.0 connectors on the front panel. With cases like the Lian Li PCQ-11 people need to route the front panel connectors through the back of the case, leading to some inelegant cable dangling. This helps clean up that clutter.

This appears to be something of a last minute change because I only see this style of connector on the Newegg photos. The photos up on the Asus global site don't have this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Image...SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

I notice an interesting variant of USB 3.0 on the Asus board. Their rear panel USB 3.0 connector has two additional connectors at 90 degrees so that they are available internally. I think this must be for cases that have USB 3.0 connectors on the front panel. With cases like the Lian Li PCQ-11 people need to route the front panel connectors through the back of the case, leading to some inelegant cable dangling. This helps clean up that clutter.

This appears to be something of a last minute change because I only see this style of connector on the Newegg photos. The photos up on the Asus global site don't have this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Image...SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

Good catch. I like the change. Those internal USB slots could also be used for dongles as well.

Hehe, I thought that was just a sticker on top of the ports. :p

Good catch. I like the change. Those internal USB slots could also be used for dongles as well.

Guys, I'm pretty sure that is just a sticker. Sorry to burst your bubble. There is no mention of those ports in the details and logically, they would be occupying the same space as the LAN port wiring leads.

If you want to use your front USB3.0 ports, I'd just use the header on the board. I know Zotac has one, but i'm not sure about ASUS.

Hehe, I thought that was just a sticker on top of the ports. :p

Hmmm you may be right. Just seems odd that they would include a sticker with pictures of USB ports on it when a sticker just saying "USB 3" on it would accomplish the same goal. I reserve the right to be embarassingly wrong. :p

Yeah I see the regular LAN connector and have studied it multiple times trying to make up my mind. The LAN connector does not need the depth of that whole metal box and the theoretical USB 3 ports are in the back half of the unit. You're still probably right.

ITX side of things starting to get interesting I see. Looking forward to some reviews.

I haven't used one, but if anyone ever makes a mitx p67 board with a mini-pcie slot (looking at you, zotac) then I'll be all over it. It's a pretty straightforward design, though you're right, a ribbon design would be a bit more helpful. Might have to make one of those myself :D

I'm testing out a 7cm flexible pcie1x ribbon in my HTPCs (so I can install a tv tuner at the top of the Habey 800)

[edit]maybe like this[/edit]

look for the NBR DiY ViDock thread. They have all sorts of solutions on getting PCIe slots out of Expresscard and mPCIe slots on their laptops (for external GPU.... I know, it's crazy, but it works :p).

Back