Any Sandy Bridge m-ITX coming? Any news?

id love to see what you can do on a p67 board with no pcie

When I 1st clicked the link to look at the board I Was like WTF is the point of a P67 board with no 16x pcie.. then I realized there was HDMI & that it was listed wrong.. That Fusion board above it looks good though..

Madthio, any chance you can see if a standard ATX PSU (150mm depth plus cables) would fit with the H50?

Absolutely no chance. The total distance between the back of the case and the fan is 130mm. This does not allow for cables either. Even without the push/pull (only one fan as shown in the picture), you are only at 142mm absolute clearance.

I don't want to hijack the thread so I have posted info here.

Last edited:
so what are the total choices of boards with a pcie x16 slot and includ wifi/a mini pcie slot? these are essentials for me. and if anyone knows, the approximate release dates of these boards. :D

EDIT: to answer my own question, it looks like the ECS, ASRock, ASUS, and ZOTAC are the only ones right? and if we exclude the zotac because of their track record then we are left with only boards that arent out yet in the US. :/ which one of these would be best? im kinda leaning away from the ASUS since i already have 2x4GB DDR3 dimms. they all have the socket in the same place, they all have 2 USB3 ports and 2 SATA3 ports. the zotac has more total sata ports, but i only use a single OS drive in my gaming rig anyway. im hoping to get a low-power 45W or 65W processor and put it in one of these itx boards so i can upgrade to a higher wattage gpu. my 5870 barely holds its own at 2560x1600 in demanding games and i'm limited by my sfx psu.

Last edited:
so what are the total choices of boards with a pcie x16 slot and includ wifi/a mini pcie slot? these are essentials for me. and if anyone knows, the approximate release dates of these boards. :D

EDIT: to answer my own question, it looks like the ECS, ASRock, ASUS, and ZOTAC are the only ones right? and if we exclude the zotac because of their track record then we are left with only boards that arent out yet in the US. :/ which one of these would be best? im kinda leaning away from the ASUS since i already have 2x4GB DDR3 dimms. they all have the socket in the same place, they all have 2 USB3 ports and 2 SATA3 ports. the zotac has more total sata ports, but i only use a single OS drive in my gaming rig anyway. im hoping to get a low-power 45W or 65W processor and put it in one of these itx boards so i can upgrade to a higher wattage gpu. my 5870 barely holds its own at 2560x1600 in demanding games and i'm limited by my sfx psu.

I just got off the phone with Asus and according to the rep, the P8H67I is on the dock and should be available any day now. He added that Newegg usually posts the new listings either on Fri or Wed, so I am hoping that Fri I can order my new board

I see that Asus mb uses laptop type memory. Isn't this a disadvantage (price and over-clocking performance wise)?

The SO-DIMMs and DIMMs are more or less equal on price. Over at Newegg 2x4GB 1333MHz kits of SO-DIMMs starts at $80 and go up to $100. Full size DIMMs of the same spec start at $80 and range up to $150 for the low voltage kits.

Since H67 boards don't do much overclocking, I don't suppose that aspect of the ram matters.

I have the AM3 Asus m4a88t-i that also uses sodimm's.. I dont really consider it to be a big disadvantage at all.

Hi guys i'm new on the forum, and on oc world!
reading your posts i'm confusing; with this damned chipset h67 can i downvolt any of the Sandy microprocessors? or is this a bios stuff that can be featured by the MB manufacturer?
sorry for my stupid question, but i'm trying to bulit a ultra low consumption (per W) htpc, with the opportunity of an upgrade by the way so, i need to undervolt/underclock an i5 2500k!
cheers

fyi i emailed gigabyte on the release date on their p67 itx board and this is the response i received.

Answer : Dear Customer,

We have announced the new product, but no release date was set. My best guess would be sometime in Feb/Mar.

Thank you for choosing Gigabyte products
Question - 1033009
Sent : 1/21/2011 12:15
Question : Is there a scheduled release date for your new p67 itx board?

After their 775 mini itx offerings, I would never buy a zotac board, EVAR!! and $150 for this crap?

hahaha, agreed. but its the only option out there so far for anyone who wants 6 sata ports or onboard wifi.

Too late Zotac.... LOL..... I already bought the foxconn and it's being shipped right now..

After their 775 mini itx offerings, I would never buy a zotac board, EVAR!! and $150 for this crap?

Just to play devil's advocate I have the 1156 model, and it's pretty good. Rock solid stable, and I have had 0 problems. Doesn't have super great voltage control or overclocking controls, but it was never sold as having that anyway (to my knowledge).

Anyway, just my $0.02. I'm waiting for a P67 board, too though. Or maybe the ASUS since it has a lot of features that I'd like. I won't be overclocking in an Antec ISK-300 anyway lol.

ordered the Intel H67 + 2600k for my LanGear Infinity, will be replacing it with a P67 board once they're out. Running it under CoolIT ALC ECO, so once I get a P67 bard, it will be OC time.

I do have the Intel version H67 board. From what I can see you can only overclock by running the H2600k in it's extra performance mode. So 3.8GHz... Not bad until the P67 mini ITX's show their face.

ordered the Intel H67 + 2600k for my LanGear Infinity, will be replacing it with a P67 board once they're out. Running it under CoolIT ALC ECO, so once I get a P67 bard, it will be OC time.

Any chance of expanding upon that WC setup? Join me and Mach (though he outlcasses me entirely on a different plane of existance...) in the desperate chase for WC mITX setups! :D :D

Last edited:
I was considering the ECS... but it was out of stock so I went with the foxconn

Any chance of expanding upon that WC setup? Join me and Mach (though he outlcasses me entirely on a different plane of existance...) in the desperate chase for WC mITX setups! :D :D

Current build specs:

LanGear Infinity
Intel H55 mini-ITX board
i7 2600k
CoolIT ALC ECO
(initially) 2x2GB Kingston HyperX PC3-1600 (just ordered) 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper PC3-1333 (will be here next week)
OCZ Vertex2 120GB (Sandforce)
Slim LG 6x BD-ROM / 8x DVD-R/W
Silverstone Strider 1kW Plus + PP05 set
eVGA GTX470

Have: GTX470, LanGear Chassis, Slim BD/DVD, Silverstone PSU, HyperX RAM. The board, CPU, SSD and some SFF-8087 to SATA cables for my WHS's new SM SASL8 HBA will be here tomorrow. The G.Skill hopefully next week (or early the week after).

If anything, I'll be replacing my GTX470 with a 580 and swap the H67 board for whatever the hell the next chipset for the SB CPUs is going to be that's going to have all the ports AND OC'ing... or just a nice mini-ITX P67 would work, too. THEN maybe H20 cooling... but certainly not until I get the final rev on this LanGear chassis. Word from mattinv on that is late Feb/March. I just don't see the point in modding this case when I know it's going away in a month or so. I'd love to put some blocks in there though and build a super small and efficient loop though... it'd be killer! My March I'm hoping to have a rig I won't have to open or swap anything on for a good year.

I'm partial to Gigabyte... any mITX boards on the horizon?

Looking for a P67 mITX board, but may have to go mATX as there are at least some available.

I'm partial to Gigabyte... any mITX boards on the horizon?

Looking for a P67 mITX board, but may have to go mATX as there are at least some available.

rumor is that gigabyte is supposed to be releasing a P67 and an H67 board at some time, but i havent heard anything about a time frame. probably best to just get your 2600k and a H67 board for now, and if/when the P67 board ever comes out, just sell the H67 and buy a P67 and get your overclock on. :D thats what im planning to do after i move.

EDIT: actually, newegg has the ECS itx board for $50AR, maybe i'll bite on one of those and try to find someone to get me a 2600k from microcenter soon.

Last edited:
All the intel 6 series chipsets are going to be recalled.... (This includes H67 and P67)

All the intel 6 series chipsets are going to be recalled.... (This includes H67 and P67)

Yeesh, saw Anand's article about the recall. I just ordered mine yesterday. Based on what Anand said, it should be safe to continue using the 6Gbps ports, it's just the 3Gbps ports that are affected. I would only have an optical drive on a 3Gbps port.

Not sure whether to cancel my order or roll the dice. Argh, Intel.

Last edited:
Which board did you buy? I currently have the Foxconn and using only the 2 6Gbps ports... so I'll be fine for now...

Just the fact of knowing your chipset is faulty is scary...

I am still thinking about whether I should RMA or not..

Engadget reported that H67 boards seem to not be affected, according to a chat with an Intel CSR, although sometimes Engadget hasn't gotten the whole story. This kinda sucks, since I was hoping to get in on Sandy Bridge, now I think I'll wait a little while for the recall boards to clear out lol.

Which board did you buy? I currently have the Foxconn and using only the 2 6Gbps ports... so I'll be fine for now...

I ordered the mATX ASUS P8P67-M Pro, but mwave canceled it. Now I am wondering what to do. Try and find another somewhere, or return/refuse delivery on everything else?

edit: Went ahead and ordered another from Amazon/ElectronicaDirect. Hopefully they won't cancel it. I would only be using one of the 3Gbps ports for my optical drive, which would not be frequently used.

Last edited:
I would refuse delivery. No point in having the rest sit since i3 may be another month before you get another board.

I edited at the exact time you posted looks like -- I am willing to give Intel the benefit of the doubt in their claims that with infrequent use the issue is not likely to crop up. So putting just my optical drive on the 3Gbps ports is fine with me, especially if it means a free upgrade to Z68 down the road (here's hoping).

Back