Any Request Tracker users?

VeeDubbs

Limp Gawd
Hi all -

Just installed RT 3.8.2 and it seems to be working fine. I have the e-mail portion working and that seems to be pretty good. I just have a few basic questions on it.

Currently we use an application called Help Trac. At the beginning of every semester we upload all the student/faculty/staff information (name, ID#, office/dorm #, phone #, etc...) in to it. Users then either call the help desk or walk up to the help desk with issues/complaints. The student workers then open Help Trac, do a search for the person, find them and create a ticket for them with all their personal information automatically filling into the ticket.

I do not see a way of doing that in RT. I see the 'Quick Ticket Creation' part on the 'RT at a glance' page. But this seems to be there only when you login -- and then the ticket will be created for whomever logged in. So if Worker A created a ticket for Complainer A -- with this system the ticket will be for Worker A. Am I missing something here? Or does RT take a different approach to ticket creation than our current app does?

Any help or input is much appreciated!!

Thanks!

you may be able to set it in the CustomField default value by using a callback to the user's relevant data. I'm a bit rusty though.

Have you tried the Best Practical forums/wiki?

you may be able to set it in the CustomField default value by using a callback to the user's relevant data. I'm a bit rusty though.

Have you tried the Best Practical forums/wiki?

Thanks.

This may be over my head. But what do you mean by callback? We would enter a username, then the rest of the information would be populated by doing a database lookup?

Back