Any recommendation for 27" ips high refresh 1440p

Cylocybin

Limp Gawd
Gonna look around throughout the day and figured i would seek forum suggestions as well,

Thanks

Budget : would like to spend less than 650

Currently using a dell s2417dg 1440p 165hz and its been fantastic but im missing color vibrancy a little and getting the upgrade it bug

https://www.viewsonic.com/us/xg2703-gs.html this was what I got for that purpose, and I love it. Can't remember what I paid but less than $700. 27" 144Hz (with 165Hz OC if you like) Gsync IPS. Decent settings for color and such in the OSD as well. Problem is they either aren't making enough or they are selling out fast because it looks like all the sellers right now are from Europe or are charging a stupid markup.

Good monitor though, if you can find it for what it should cost.

https://www.viewsonic.com/us/xg2703-gs.html this was what I got for that purpose, and I love it. Can't remember what I paid but less than $700. 27" 144Hz (with 165Hz OC if you like) Gsync IPS. Decent settings for color and such in the OSD as well. Problem is they either aren't making enough or they are selling out fast because it looks like all the sellers right now are from Europe or are charging a stupid markup.

Good monitor though, if you can find it for what it should cost.
XG2703 has been discontinued due to QC complaints of the AUO IPS panel, and is being replaced with XG2760 (TN-panel).

I recommend to try the XG2703 while you still can, I got one with 0% backlight bleed on the first try! The gamma OSD setting is a saviour as well, with Asus and Acer are stuck with low gamma if you don't win the gamma lottery.

I don't know if there are newer ones, but they were all using the same crappy AUO panel with terrible QC issues. If there aren't new panels, I would avoid them all.

I don't know if there are newer ones, but they were all using the same crappy AUO panel with terrible QC issues. If there aren't new panels, I would avoid them all.
Gonna be a long wait then to be stuck with some old 60Hz panel, in about a year the similar LG 165Hz 1440p IPS panels will start showing up in stores.

Just spin the AUO IPS lottery until you get a decent enough unit, then wait and see IF the new LG's will be any better... the good ones do exist, just need to be persistent. I'm quite enjoying mine now, 1440p IPS 144Hz glory with zero BLB.

XG2703 has been discontinued due to QC complaints of the AUO IPS panel, and is being replaced with XG2760 (TN-panel).

I recommend to try the XG2703 while you still can, I got one with 0% backlight bleed on the first try! The gamma OSD setting is a saviour as well, with Asus and Acer are stuck with low gamma if you don't win the gamma lottery.

what were these complaints about the panel?...I bought that monitor this past March and have had no issues

Most have BLB issues and suffer from particularly pronounced IPS glow, more than the average IPS panel.

what were these complaints about the panel?...I bought that monitor this past March and have had no issues
I guess BLB, IPS glow and white uniformity issues. Mine shifts to cold in a small area at the right edge as well.

But I just don't believe I can get any better unit since I have 0% bleed, so I'll definitely take a small bit of coldness that you can't see in normal use, rather than be stuck with 60Hz for another year.

Well that's a pity, because it really is a good monitor. Hopefully a new high speed IPS panel will come out soon so they can start making something like it again. High speed IPS is just so nice for games.

Well that's a pity, because it really is a good monitor. Hopefully a new high speed IPS panel will come out soon so they can start making something like it again. High speed IPS is just so nice for games.
We'll see how the quality turns out on those similar LG panels next year. There's also a rumour about updated AUO panel coming with the Acer VG270UP this year, but I doubt they will improve their QC, even though Viewsonic just dropped it for too low quality.

I'm satisfied with the XB271HU. Got it from the local Microcenter because returns are easy there. GL!

Back