Any recommendation for 27" ips high refresh 1440p

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Cylocybin, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Cylocybin

Cylocybin Limp Gawd

Gonna look around throughout the day and figured i would seek forum suggestions as well,

Thanks

Budget : would like to spend less than 650

Currently using a dell s2417dg 1440p 165hz and its been fantastic but im missing color vibrancy a little and getting the upgrade it bug

2. Cylocybin

Cylocybin Limp Gawd

Not bad. Freesync tho :(

3. Greg Watson

Greg Watson [H]Lite

Cylocybin likes this.
  4. Cylocybin

Cylocybin Limp Gawd

oooo yes that does look good, will be looking further into that one.

thanks

5. [21CW]killerofall

[21CW]killerofall Aliens...

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824106004
    I just got this monitor a week ago. Colors were excellent out of the box too, Delta E ~1.1 (<3 is considered good). I got it to less than 0.7 with a calibration. On sale right now. Some people complain about the OSD but it really isn't that hard to use and how often do you really need to use it anyway?

isp and Cylocybin like this.
  6. Sycraft

Sycraft [H]ardness Supreme

https://www.viewsonic.com/us/xg2703-gs.html this was what I got for that purpose, and I love it. Can't remember what I paid but less than $700. 27" 144Hz (with 165Hz OC if you like) Gsync IPS. Decent settings for color and such in the OSD as well. Problem is they either aren't making enough or they are selling out fast because it looks like all the sellers right now are from Europe or are charging a stupid markup.

Good monitor though, if you can find it for what it should cost.

Lepardi and Cylocybin like this.
  7. Cylocybin

Cylocybin Limp Gawd

Awesome suggestions thanks

getting harder to pick now lol

8. Cylocybin

Cylocybin Limp Gawd

Still looking, cant find anything that screams BUY ME!

9. Lepardi

Lepardi [H]Lite

XG2703 has been discontinued due to QC complaints of the AUO IPS panel, and is being replaced with XG2760 (TN-panel).

I recommend to try the XG2703 while you still can, I got one with 0% backlight bleed on the first try! The gamma OSD setting is a saviour as well, with Asus and Acer are stuck with low gamma if you don't win the gamma lottery.

10. Cylocybin

Cylocybin Limp Gawd

yea its only $1000 on newegg.. unavailable on Amazon

11. Meeho

Meeho 2[H]4U

I don't know if there are newer ones, but they were all using the same crappy AUO panel with terrible QC issues. If there aren't new panels, I would avoid them all.

12. Cylocybin

Cylocybin Limp Gawd

im just gonna stay put with what I have for a while..

13. Lepardi

Lepardi [H]Lite

Gonna be a long wait then to be stuck with some old 60Hz panel, in about a year the similar LG 165Hz 1440p IPS panels will start showing up in stores.

Just spin the AUO IPS lottery until you get a decent enough unit, then wait and see IF the new LG's will be any better... the good ones do exist, just need to be persistent. I'm quite enjoying mine now, 1440p IPS 144Hz glory with zero BLB.

14. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

what were these complaints about the panel?...I bought that monitor this past March and have had no issues

15. Meeho

Meeho 2[H]4U

Most have BLB issues and suffer from particularly pronounced IPS glow, more than the average IPS panel.

polonyc2 likes this.
  16. Lepardi

Lepardi [H]Lite

I guess BLB, IPS glow and white uniformity issues. Mine shifts to cold in a small area at the right edge as well.

But I just don't believe I can get any better unit since I have 0% bleed, so I'll definitely take a small bit of coldness that you can't see in normal use, rather than be stuck with 60Hz for another year.

polonyc2 likes this.
  17. EvilViking

EvilViking I Drank All Your Beer

ThisĀ·

Love mine. Got it for $500 new at Costco when they were clearing inventory.

18. Sycraft

Sycraft [H]ardness Supreme

Well that's a pity, because it really is a good monitor. Hopefully a new high speed IPS panel will come out soon so they can start making something like it again. High speed IPS is just so nice for games.

19. Lepardi

Lepardi [H]Lite

We'll see how the quality turns out on those similar LG panels next year. There's also a rumour about updated AUO panel coming with the Acer VG270UP this year, but I doubt they will improve their QC, even though Viewsonic just dropped it for too low quality.

20. isp

isp 2[H]4U

I'm satisfied with the XB271HU. Got it from the local Microcenter because returns are easy there. GL!