Any Reason As To Why These Cards Won't Work In My System?

_cashel

[H]ard|Gawd
I've come across something weird that I cannot explain, and has really been irritating me. Since my 9700 pro is being sent in for a replacement, I decided to throw in my spare geforce fx5200. It seems to work fine for the first few days, however, over time, I'm getting these black screens that just randomly happen. It's gotten to the point to where the computer can't run for more than 20 or 30 minutes without it occuring.

My first thought was the card may be faulty (just bought it), so I switched it for an older Geforce 2, but it does the same thing. When I took both of these cards and put them in an older Dell, they seemed to work fine. I really have no idea why this is the case, but I'm speculating it has something to do with the card design itself.

I noticed that the end of the card that slides into the agp slot is shorter on these two cards than the 9700pro, and the slower geforce cards support 1x,2x,4x,8x agp modes vs the 9700 pro that supports 2,4,8x agp modes.

I have reformatted inbetween switching cards, so there shouldn't be any driver conflicts in the middle. What are your thoughts?

It seems that your mobo may be at fault ? Does any AGP card work on your mobo at present ?

Back