Any PS1 Metal Gear remaster?

Stoly

Supreme [H]ardness
AFAIK the only remaster is the GameCube version with upgraded graphics.

Is there any other? the PS3/Xbox360 HD collection only comes with the MG 2, 3 and 4.

Maybe some mods for the PC or PS1 emulators?

Nope, just the Twin Snakes remake on Gamecube.

Might be mods for the PC version, but never seen any myself and not sure you can even buy it anymore.

I find it insane that there's no way to play MGS 1-4 on PS4 still to this day though. You might be able to through PS Now, but screw streaming it. There's absolutely no reason that the PS4 can't at least software emulate the PS1 and PS2 either so you can at least play your old copies if you still have them. I would very much like to replay MGS too, but the only way I can right now is to dig out my PS1, PS2, or PS3 and play it on there. Both the PS2 and PS3 can at least smooth out the textures a bit to make a cleaner image of PS1 games.

Might be mods for the PC version, but never seen any myself and not sure you can even buy it anymore.

I find it insane that there's no way to play MGS 1-4 on PS4 still to this day though. You might be able to through PS Now, but screw streaming it. There's absolutely no reason that the PS4 can't at least software emulate the PS1 and PS2 either so you can at least play your old copies if you still have them. I would very much like to replay MGS too, but the only way I can right now is to dig out my PS1, PS2, or PS3 and play it on there. Both the PS2 and PS3 can at least smooth out the textures a bit to make a cleaner image of PS1 games.

I have both the PC and PS1 versions. I recall someone did some tweaking to the pc version for better compatibility with windows 10 but I can't find the info anymore.

You can play the HD Collection that includes 2 and 3 on Xbox One.

Back