Any programs that can clone a hard drive but leave out specific directories?

Enhanced Interrogator

[H]ard|Gawd
So I want to clone my XP OS for my old computer to a smaller drive I have, but in order to do that I have to exclude the 300 or so GB's of music I have on it.

Any software that would let me exclude a folder or five during a clone?

If you are going to an ssd, paragons Migrate OS to ssd program does what you want as well as prep the ssd for OS use.

I tried Acronis and a few others last time I was cloning a large partition to a smaller drive and none of the programs would work for me because the programs did not want to clone a 200GB partition of a 1TB drive to a 128GB drive, even though there was only 80GB used on the 200GB partition.
The Paragon Migrate OS to SSD did it with no issues and completed in less than 30 minutes. 16 months later and my system still runs great.

If you are going to an ssd, paragons Migrate OS to ssd program does what you want as well as prep the ssd for OS use.

I'm not doing that, I'm moving SATA to SATA. I do have a larger IDE drive though. Do you know if that program could modify a SATA image to work on an IDE drive?

I tried Acronis and a few others last time I was cloning a large partition to a smaller drive and none of the programs would work for me because the programs did not want to clone a 200GB partition of a 1TB drive to a 128GB drive, even though there was only 80GB used on the 200GB partition.
I've had no issues with doing the same with Acronis True Image Home 2010 and newer (though I've always had the Power Pack addon as well).

Back