Any problems running Samsung and Corsair NVMe drives in the same system?

I've got a 1tb 970 Evo Plus in my current system and thinking of adding a Corsair MP510. Has anybody come up against any driver problems running these together? Does the MP510 need any extra drivers apart from the default Windows ones?

Should be fine unless your motherboard has issues with running two NVMe. The MP510 will presumably use the Microsoft NVMe drive.

The drives are PCIe- the only drivers should be chipset drivers, which should already be installed.

The Samsung has its own driver though, hoping they all play nice!

Yep, the driver is for the microcontroller not the drive itself (that's why it's listed under storage controllers), the MP510's Phison E12 will default to Microsoft's stock NVMe driver. If you check my SM961 thread on Reddit I have offered an extracted (bare) version of Samsung's NVMe driver and it specifically looks for the UBX, Polaris, and Phoenix controllers (950 MLC series = UBX, 960 series = Polaris, 970 series = Phoenix); you can check this in the .inf.

You won't have any issues.

Depending on your motherboard and chipsrt, you may not he getting a pcie 3 x4 connection though.

On most x370/x470 chipsets your bottom m.2 nvme slot will default to pcie 2 x 2.

You won't have any issues.

Depending on your motherboard and chipsrt, you may not he getting a pcie 3 x4 connection though.

On most x370/x470 chipsets your bottom m.2 nvme slot will default to pcie 2 x 2.

Currently running an MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon with a 1tb 970 Evo Plus and a 512gb 950 Pro, both at x4 speed.

Back