Any paintball players? NPPL Championship 09

Snappshoota

[H]ard|Gawd
A week left, for the first next gen paintball experience. I for one, can not wait. Loved all the Greg Hasting's (even tho they had their issues), and am a paintball player myself, so this is a definite pick up.

Some info for those that havent heard of it:

Release date: November 19th, 2008
Publisher: Activision
Supported Systems: Nintendo Wii, XBOX 360, Playstation 3, Playstation 2

Originally Posted by Activision Official Press Release
SANTA MONICA, CA –October, 17 2008 – Load up the hopper, lower the mask, and take cover for the most realistic next-generation paintball game ever as Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announces NPPL (National Professional Paintball League) Championship Paintball 2009. This officially licensed title is coming in late 2008 for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, and Wii™.

NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 will feature multiple game modes, officially-licensed gear, and authentic tournament locations and field layouts from the NPPL, the Millennium European Paintball Series, and the XPSL. Players can perfect their skills as they progress from a rookie to pro in career mode and take on the best paintball teams in the world, or get online for an adrenaline rush of intense, cutthroat multiplayer action.

“NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 captures the raw intensity of hardcore paintball in this new breed of extreme sports / first person action entertainment,” Dave Oxford, Activision Publishing. “The game represents our ongoing commitment to the sport and our goal to create the most realistic, competitive experience possible.”

With in-depth design consultation by Team Dynasty and Bob Long, the title will make players feel like they are on the field with motion-captured player movements such as slides, dives, and snapping and leading-edge ballistics that affect the paintballs’ trajectory. The game will also feature unique woodsball-based gameplay modes.

Ryan Greenspan of the world champion San Diego Dynasty paintball team said, “We’ve gotten to play the game quite a few times along the way, and it is definitely the best paintball game we’ve ever played. The graphics are amazing, it’s lots of fun, and super realistic. The beautiful thing is that people are going have an absolute blast playing it from the most hardcore paintball junkies to those who might never have even tried the sport. The breadth of its appeal is huge.”

More information is available at www.activision.com

Some videos and other info:
Xbox 360.Ign.com

Meh, I love paintball (not the air/speedball type) but I don't think I'd play a paintballing game. Rather do the real thing, and play games that mimic stuff I can't really do.

Such as drive tanks over people.

I play paintball(not so much in the past few years due to college) and I'll probably be grabbing this. I miss the days of DPB 2.1's prime.

Rather do the real thing

Trust me, Id rather do the real thing too, but when ya live in shitty ohio, and winters rolling in.. Its kinda hard, so ya have to resort to the next best thing.. (besides playing in the house with reballs :p )

And hell yes DPB 2.0 - 2.1 was the shit! Good times right there..

I played renegade back in the day. I've actually been playing paintball for like 4 years now, but a lot less since i moved here to Korea. I might have to get a Ps2 for this game.. ^^ haha. I dont really like the Wii.

Trust me, Id rather do the real thing too, but when ya live in shitty ohio, and winters rolling in.. Its kinda hard, so ya have to resort to the next best thing.. (besides playing in the house with reballs :p )

And hell yes DPB 2.0 - 2.1 was the shit! Good times right there..

There are indoor sites in Ohio, besides playing in the snow is fun. I've played in single digit temperatures. With compressed air low temperatures usually aren't a problem. Even with CO2 a proper set up will do OK.

Yes I know, I worked at Paintball World Ohio indoor, (helped open it for that matter.) Till the owner ran it into the ground. After that there really isnt any indoor fields worth my time.

I love playing in the snow more than the next person, but its the paint that doesnt like it. And seeing how both my matrix and timmy hate all of the winter fill paintballs its kinda out of the question.

^^^lol i got 3 trix and a timmy and the dms like the cold....looks like a cool game

Well to resurect this thread. I received this game as a gift for Christmas as a joke gift. ( I worked for years at Boston Paintball and played in many tournies aro9und the country but have given up the game because of the amount of my money that it was costing me for year.) I was pleasantly surprised with it. It isn't hte most sophisticated shooter on the market but it was very enjoyable and would highly recommend it if you find it on sale somewhere. I don't think it is worth $60 but the $30 - $40 range would not be bad at all. The field representation is good and the PS3 version at least allows you to flutter the trigger since both the right side triggers are triggers for the markers. This greatly increases your rate of fire. Actually remindes me of my original matrix. ( before they were bought by dye. )

I thought that people play paintball because they can't really shoot people in real life. Playing FPS games makes them want to show off their shooting skill in real life so the answer is paintball. I don't know, between a paintball game and head blowing FPS games, I think that the latter is much more interesting to be a game.

either way, its still the same concept, your not really killing any body, and the violence is almost comparable to most T rated FPS's.

i don't play it, but i really don't see a difference, besides popularity of course.

Game would be golden if it comes with a map maker(might have already? Never even seen the game yet). Design a map exactly like where you usually play at and would be excellent to try strategy's out and stuff.

well I thnkk that would be nice as well as having a points list to actually have a champion at the end. I don't see why it is called Championship without that.

As for the post from alg7_munif I thnk you have the wrong Idea about paintball. It is more like a coplicated game of team tag. you are eliminating players when they are tagged. The game is actually very fun but it is not a substitute for going out and shooting people. In a way it is the exact opposite because you can get a real sence of how easy it could be to get shot and it would prob deter people from ever wanting to be in any real life situation. You should really try and play the game to understand what I mean. If you have played any tournies then you would get a better appretiation for this video game. That is the downfall of it. It does not have that universal appeal that some other games have.

Back