Any other Max Payne Type Games?

RobDMB

Weaksauce
I really enjoyed the max payne series, third person shooter type setup and was wondering if anyone could recommend any other games that have similar gameplay elements that I might enjoy. Thanks, Rob

Bloodrayne 2 maybe? Dunno how good the story is

I hear Devil May Cry will be coming to PC soon, that might be good if not just a hacked port job ;)

The very first Dead to rights game is good on the PS2/xbox. Has bullet time and all that. Also you can use your dog as a weapon...which is great :cool:

The Punisher.

Hey, I thought it was good and I had fun with it. Also you could try Manhunt; I know I have this game somewhere, I never played through the entire game but I thought it was disturbingly fun.

I didnt like the punisher at all. Download the demo first.

One game you may want to try is Path of Neo. I loved max panye... and PON is similar. Its not as good, but its already showing up for super cheap and its close enough you could get a few cheap thrills out of it.

older game
Drakken:Order of the Flame (I think that is correct title)
...sword play , dragon riding ...shooting arrows and more

I had fun with it , and its one of those games that once installed you dont need the cd to play ...yay!

[F]old long and prosper

erorr404 said:

QFT. IF you gotta pick one, GTA3 is the best. San Andreas next, then Vice City. All are good though.... GTA3 you can probably find in the bargin bin at EB for $5. ;)

hey ive only found gta3 online at wal marts site for 20 bucks, u know any other sites that have it then??

ive played vc and sa ...almost thinking i wont like gta 3 cuz of hella smaller city + lesser graphics but ill prolly get it anyway

Viper87227 said:
Yeah, the controls were kind of goofy but, if you were able to get past them it was a moderately good game. Didn't require too much thinking and was basically a run and gun type game.

The funeral was probably one of my most favorite levels.

Max Payne 3 is in the works :rolleyes: .
I guess out of the gmaes that are out right now I would say the closest to max payne is project IGI 1 and maybe 2. Tehn Fear, then GTA series (SA is the best).

IF you gotta pick one, GTA3 is the best. San Andreas next, then Vice City. All are good though.... GTA3 you can probably find in the bargin bin at EB for $5.

QFT.

Russian said:
Max Payne 3 is in the works :rolleyes: .
I guess out of the gmaes that are out right now I would say the closest to max payne is project IGI 1 and maybe 2. Tehn Fear, then GTA series (SA is the best).
No it's not, Remedy is making a new game and it's not based on Max Payne series...

OP you should try digging out Freedom Fighters, it's a fun game and set up in 3rd person perspective I think you'd enjoy it.

Viper87227 said:

One game you may want to try is Path of Neo. I loved max panye... and PON is similar. Its not as good, but its already showing up for super cheap and its close enough you could get a few cheap thrills out of it.

i loved path of neo. that game was a lot of fun. my brother borrowed my ps2 and has been playing it and he said he loved it too.

its a fun game you should at least give it a rental. dont get it for pc tho, its a console game all the way

I can't believe no one has said Mafia yet, one of the most satisfying pc games overall I can think of. The driving parts at the beginning of the game can be tedious though, but the plot is great and action is awesome. Should be really cheap if you can find a copy.

thabub said:
I can't believe no one has said Mafia yet, one of the most satisfying pc games overall I can think of. The driving parts at the beginning of the game can be tedious though, but the plot is great and action is awesome. Should be really cheap if you can find a copy.

My vote on Mafia, finished it twice. Time to start playing it again :)

Back