Any other AM4 DOA motherboards?

Tengis

Supreme [H]ardness
I havent had a DOA motherboard in probably ten years. I tried every memory configuration and troubleshooting technique but it just wouldn't post after turning it on.

Anyone else?

Sometimes when I have had bad motherboards there were other symptoms like strange power on/power off cycling, fans wouldnt spin up, etc. I guess maybe there is a slight chance the processor is dead.

did you build/test it outside the case first? is you ram on the mobos qvl?! make sure you cpu is fully inserted, some have had issues with the pins not fully seating. post specs too.

I built it into the case first and then pulled it out of the case. Im using Geil EVO Potenza 8gb x 2. This particular part number is on the QVL. I tried single channel and dual channel.

EDIT: Asus B350 Plus, Ryzen 1700, EVGA 850w, Nvidia 1070, 2x8gb Geil Evo Potenza DDR4 2400

I didnt see that thread, but I actually pushed down on the cpu after it fell into place while locking the lever. I reseated it once just to double check as well.

Hmmm... part number on the QVL is GRP416GB2400C16DC, but the actual part number is GPR416GB2400C16DC. The P and the R are flipped.

not sure if you mean the board is completely dead or just wont post. i would try powering it up with just the cpu in place you should at least see the fans spin up. the odds of a bad processor are pretty slim i have never come across a bad cpu in 20 years of building computers.

The system wont post. Fans spin up just fine no matter what is plugged into it. They spin up with or without ram. Considering the ram is on the compatibility list its hard to say.

I am honestly thinking now that it is probably the ram... but I just dropped the board off to UPS to get a replacement from Amazon.

I saw on newegg in the reviews-s somebod got a DOA AM4 board and after ASRock Support massaged the guy what to try .
The mobo was ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming K4 AB350 or the ASRock B350 Pro4 . Have a look the reviews try that to

Not the board. Probably the ram. Now I need to find someone local that will let me borrow a stick of ram so I can update the bios and hope that fixes it... -_-.

Back