Any one pickup Rockband today?

100ms+ for Rock Band or 100ms+ for *everything*? I am going to feel silly if the console has that much input lag for everything and I didn't notice, ha :eek: :(
Might be for everything on this generation of consoles. On the same TV and speakers with Rock Band 3 and Xbox 360 my video lag is set to 55 ms, while on Rock Band 4 and Xbox ONE it is set to 160 ms. With other games your timing doesn't need to be as on point, so it could be harder to notice for some people and RB4 is the perfect opportunity for the issue to present itself.

Posting a new reply for visibility.

There is a firmware update for the Xbox ONE drums available on MadCatz' website, and firmware updates for the PS4 guitar and drums. Apparently crosstalk and detection were issues in the drums, and I can confirm that it seems to have solved most of my issues. But I'm now dropping notes... I guess it's time to revisit the sock mod :eek:. But the firmware update combined with the game update released on Tuesday seems to have resolved most of my issues with the game.

The last remaining piece is the kick pedal for the drums. Harmonix said that they decreased the distance of travel needed for actuation, causing a kick to register about 2/3 of the way through its travel. This is a real problem for myself, as I could not for the life of me hit a steady stream of kicks without missing, and now I know why. Thankfully the old pedals still work, so I switched out the RB4 pedal for my RB2 pedals and I'm much happier. On that note: the double bass interrupt switch actually does work with the RB4 drums. I simply had to change the dead batteries out of it...

My calibration numbers also went down from 160 ms to 125 ms after the game update. Take from that what you will.

If they would have kept pro-guitar I would have bought it day one. I just don't see the value in buying RB4. No pro guitar, no keyboard, no multi player. What's the point? If they add in midi support for electronic drum kits I might consider buying it down the road.

Rather than making a new thread, has anyone picked up Guitar Hero?

I have it and I can't decide if I like it. I do like the new button layout and find it more fun in general, but the setback from having to unlearn and relearn years of muscle memory and hand/eye coordinations means I have to play on a lower difficulty. It's also a lot harder to read the notes since they are now vertical instead of flat on the board. I feel like I kinda have to choose between one or the other, as swapping between the two wouldn't be intuitive, and if I have to make that decision, I'm going to choose RB simply because of the bigger song catalog.

Edit: So I say that, and then after playing GH for a couple more hours... I really enjoy it more than RB, even on a lower difficulty. Songs are just more fun to play with the new button layout. Songs that would be boring or easy in RB are fun and challenging in GH. Maybe that will subside as I get better, but right now it's just straight up more fun. I'll keep RB for the drums, but I don't see myself playing RB guitar again unless I somehow get very bored of GH.

Last edited:
Rather than making a new thread, has anyone picked up Guitar Hero?

I have it and I can't decide if I like it. I do like the new button layout and find it more fun in general, but the setback from having to unlearn and relearn years of muscle memory and hand/eye coordinations means I have to play on a lower difficulty. It's also a lot harder to read the notes since they are now vertical instead of flat on the board. I feel like I kinda have to choose between one or the other, as swapping between the two wouldn't be intuitive, and if I have to make that decision, I'm going to choose RB simply because of the bigger song catalog.

Edit: So I say that, and then after playing GH for a couple more hours... I really enjoy it more than RB, even on a lower difficulty. Songs are just more fun to play with the new button layout. Songs that would be boring or easy in RB are fun and challenging in GH. Maybe that will subside as I get better, but right now it's just straight up more fun. I'll keep RB for the drums, but I don't see myself playing RB guitar again unless I somehow get very bored of GH.
If you won't, then I will ;). I've also got opinions to share.

Harmonix is releasing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida this Thursday. And it's the full 17+ minute version.

Now we just need The Odyssey from Symphony X and Metropolis Pt. 2 from Dream Theater :D.

Back