Any one looked at Chia yet?

I'm on pool.garden. Replotting beat up my 1tb inland premium, but it's still got 60% life left because I only have 23tb of plots. The 5950x was chewing through one every 39 minutes, though I wasn't pausing in between transfers. I was lucky enough to get my 2 chia early when I self plotted, now I'm getting like .01 every 1.5 days. Still more productive than mining burst would be right now.
what was your inital investment? do you think you would get it back?

I'm on pool.garden. Replotting beat up my 1tb inland premium, but it's still got 60% life left because I only have 23tb of plots. The 5950x was chewing through one every 39 minutes, though I wasn't pausing in between transfers. I was lucky enough to get my 2 chia early when I self plotted, now I'm getting like .01 every 1.5 days. Still more productive than mining burst would be right now.
My 5900X was doing it in 31 minutes with 22 threads. I just set up the plotter to do 73 plots and let it go, did that for each 8TB drive I have.

what was your inital investment? do you think you would get it back?
All I bought specifically for it was the 1tb drive, which will now be a game drive in my new PC. It was like 125, so if I sold right now I'd be quite a bit up. The mechanical drives I already had, I just deleted burst plots to make chia plots. I would not buy hardware for chia now, price seems to be quickly approaching zero.

My 5900X was doing it in 31 minutes with 22 threads. I just set up the plotter to do 73 plots and let it go, did that for each 8TB drive I have.
Hmm I bet using the same SSD for both temp directories hurt me, oh well.

Hmm I bet using the same SSD for both temp directories hurt me, oh well.
I am using 1 drive for both temp directories as well. it's a 1TB 980 Pro, but I don't think the Gen4 made a difference as I didn't see any usage hitting over 2.5GB in Task Manager.
Chia-pool-directory.jpg

Chia-980-Madmax-5900x.jpg

Last edited:
Is pooling natively supported well yet? I haven't thought about my farm in a while but last time I checked pooling was pretty hacky.

Replotting 50TB's sounds like a PITA. I guess I'll have to look into it.

What's the best pool currently?

Back