Any one know any good CPU temp and GPU temp monitors for use in Windows Vista?

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
My system didn't come with a software temp monitor. But Sisoft sandra can tell me, so the sensors are there. But there's no real time window to watch with Sisoft. Anybody know of any good monitoring tools that are like a standard set for Vista use?

I personally like Lavalys Everest Ultimate Edition. It can monitor both CPU and GPU temps and is pretty consistent with Speedfan and Coretemp. Also, you can configure it to display on Windows Vista Gadgets for real-time monitoring. For Example...

everestwe8.jpg

MBM+CoreTemp plugin. There was a GPU plugin I used some time ago, as well, but haven't looked into one recently.

-bZj

I've heard some good things about the new Everest (I've used the freeware version many times). I was wondering if you pay the $35 bucks or so can you install it on more than one machine? :confused:

The reason I ask is I have 4x C2D's (65nm), 3x foldin' 24/7 and I would like to check out the new 45nm penryns when the more affordable ones hit the bricks (retailers), preferably a quad. (9450?, cooler runin', 45nm, 12 MB's cache, 1333 FSB :eek:)

Edit: Of course this is all speculation until I see what AMD might have up it's sleeve. (tri core?)

I use SpeedFan and RivaTuner, but Everest works just as well.

Now for another uninformed question concerning Everest. I use Core Temp and SpeedFan on all my present rigs (the 4x C2D's I have) In my case Core Temp and SpeedFan mirror each other, is this true for everyone? Thanks for any reply. If I just wanted the cpu temps I would just stick with Core Temp and SpeedFan I wouldn't even bother with Everest. I like the other readings the program gives. :D

I Use Rivatuner with C2D plugin.

Thanks a bunch for posting Scotty_SFF.
I've got a really dumb question. Is the Rivatuner software you're talking about a stand alone program? I'm not familiar with the program, but I'm definitely "temp anal" Sounds like a good program, but it sounded to me like some kind of video card required software. :confused:

The only independant, stand alone temp programs I've ever used were MBM, Core Temp, SpeedFan, lm_sensors, ksensors and some program I can't remember. (of course UGuru, and some other mobo included software)

Edit: I think TAT and Orthos shows temps also, but don't get too excited I've been folding 24/7 for a long time and I can't remember if they do or not.

RivaTuner needs to be installed, it's mainly for video card monitoring overlcocking, not sure if it will run the monitoring if it can't find a compatible card though. Then the Core 2 Duo monitoring plug-in can log CPU temps. Also something i find a great use is the ability to save log files of the temps to a .txt file.

And it works on 64-bit too according to the download page.

Back