any one else excited for Aliens:colonial marines?

Dan

Supreme [H]ardness
i LOVED the survival mode of the origional AvP. I hope this game will be just as awesome

I hated the last one. I paid $5 for it, got a few hours in and gave up. It was pretty, but it wasn't any fun.

I hated the last one. I paid $5 for it, got a few hours in and gave up. It was pretty, but it wasn't any fun.

This has all the makings of being WORLDS better than that game.

I'm excited for it.

I am, Aliens is my favorite movie, and AVP99 was an awesome game. I hope gearbox does the Colonial Marines Justice

does this game relate in any way to the Aliens vs Predator reboot game from 2010?

No.

It is a direct sequel to the 1986 Aliens film.

wow now I'm definitely interested...I'm a huge fan of the first 3 movies (and even Prometheus)...just did a quick Google search on the game and read some really cool stuff...

"Gearbox Software's Community Manager confirmed that the game is considered an official part of the Alien franchise's canon by 20th Century Fox...The Sulaco, and the derelict alien spacecraft from Alien as well as LV-426 itself will all serve as environments in the game...there may be connections or references to the events of Prometheus in Aliens: Colonial Marines"

I'm all in now!...I heard of this game in passing but didn't take it seriously until now

After seeing some of this footage, this might be a pre-order for me. Looks awesome.

Also, Escape mode looks just like Evac from AvP2, which was one of my favorite modes.

Hopefully the Xenos can move/jump around on walls like they could in the original games.

Last edited:
wow now I'm definitely interested...I'm a huge fan of the first 3 movies (and even Prometheus)...just did a quick Google search on the game and read some really cool stuff...

"Gearbox Software's Community Manager confirmed that the game is considered an official part of the Alien franchise's canon by 20th Century Fox...The Sulaco, and the derelict alien spacecraft from Alien as well as LV-426 itself will all serve as environments in the game...there may be connections or references to the events of Prometheus in Aliens: Colonial Marines"

I'm all in now!...I heard of this game in passing but didn't take it seriously until now

Yep, Im so excited to go back to the Sulaco and Hadleys Hope. Its going to be full circle for me. Aliens was the first Sci Fi movie I remember watching when I was about 8 years old, I've been a fan ever since! :p

Yep, Im so excited to go back to the Sulaco and Hadleys Hope. Its going to be full circle for me. Aliens was the first Sci Fi movie I remember watching when I was about 8 years old, I've been a fan ever since! :p

I think Alien 3 got a bad rap...I think it's a very underrated movie

With Gearbox I'm pretty confident this will be a fun game.

+1

The aliens themselves looks phenomenal, and the atmosphere seems fantastic... extremely tense, like the films, that I've been an obsessive fan of since Alien was released.
After seeing some of this footage, this might be a pre-order for me. Looks awesome.

Also, Escape mode looks just like Evac from AvP2, which was one of my favorite modes.

Hopefully the Xenos can move/jump around on walls like they could in the original games.

+1 to all statements.

I was actually unsure of the direction the game was going to take, based on footage shown from last year, but it definitely seems to be going in the right direction. AvP2 was one of my favorite games of all-time. I'm hoping they can manage to top that with Colonial Marines, being the complete Alien freak I am.

I think Alien 3 got a bad rap...I think it's a very underrated movie

Yeah, It was a good ending to the series. I just didn't like the CGI Alien in it. But now they are all CGI so I guess I gotta live with it. :p

The trailers certainly look good and Gearbox is developing it so I trust them to make a solid game.

im so happy gearbox is behind it. Im so glad other people are pumped too

So this is purely aliens then, no predators? Might be more interested now...

Yes, pure Aliens. Its a direct sequel to the Aliens movie.

From the Wiki

Story:

Described as a true sequel to James Cameron's film, the story of Aliens: Colonial Marines takes place after the events of the third film, Alien 3.[19] At PAX East 2012, Gearbox Software's Community Manager confirmed that the game is considered an official part of the Alien franchise's canon by 20th Century Fox.[20] Much of the main plot was written by Battlestar Galactica writers Bradley Thompson and David Weddle.[21] The story is told through the eyes of Corporal Christopher Winter, a Colonial Marine who is part of a search and rescue team sent to investigate the U.S.S. Sulaco in search of Ellen Ripley, Corporal Dwayne Hicks, and the rest of the missing marines who were dispatched to LV-426. The Sulaco, and the derelict alien spacecraft from Alien as well as LV-426 itself will all serve as environments in the game, as well as other locations yet to be detailed.[22][23]

Gearbox has stated that they were invited to speak with Ridley Scott and view the script for his Alien prequel Prometheus, insinuating that there may be connections or references to the events of Prometheus in Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Described as a true sequel to James Cameron's film, the story of Aliens: Colonial Marines takes place after the events of the third film, Alien 3

I think the game takes place directly after the events of the 2nd film not the third

Yes, pure Aliens. Its a direct sequel to the Aliens movie.

From the Wiki

Story:

Described as a true sequel to James Cameron's film, the story of Aliens: Colonial Marines takes place after the events of the third film, Alien 3.[19] At PAX East 2012, Gearbox Software's Community Manager confirmed that the game is considered an official part of the Alien franchise's canon by 20th Century Fox.[20] Much of the main plot was written by Battlestar Galactica writers Bradley Thompson and David Weddle.[21] The story is told through the eyes of Corporal Christopher Winter, a Colonial Marine who is part of a search and rescue team sent to investigate the U.S.S. Sulaco in search of Ellen Ripley, Corporal Dwayne Hicks, and the rest of the missing marines who were dispatched to LV-426. The Sulaco, and the derelict alien spacecraft from Alien as well as LV-426 itself will all serve as environments in the game, as well as other locations yet to be detailed.[22][23]

Gearbox has stated that they were invited to speak with Ridley Scott and view the script for his Alien prequel Prometheus, insinuating that there may be connections or references to the events of Prometheus in Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Now that is pretty cool stuff. I can see myself playing the single player over and over again. Something I haven't done in ages.

I love predator but the best multiplayer from the original AvP was when it was either Marine vs Alien only or Marine vs Predator only. Too hectic otherwise.

Yeah, TBH everyone just thought the Predator was OP in the other games anyway.

Described as a true sequel to James Cameron's film ... takes place after the events of the third film

Cameron only worked on film #2, not #3... but yeah this might be good considering they skipped the cheese which was #4...

I always thought it would've been interesting to bring back Robert Morse from #3... you play as him... one group of aliens help you escape because you were infected with something special... and you fight along side them against humans/humanoids and another group of competing aliens, it would be more of a puzzle/survival game like Out of This World... I dunno... to me this story of a group of marines fighting aliens is just like the aliens story line and almost all other action FPS games... I hope they do something really special with it and nothing too predictable, otherwise... boooooring...

Yeah, TBH everyone just thought the Predator was OP in the other games anyway.

Agreed, and really they had to be, otherwise they wouldn't really be Predators. Removing them simplifies, streamlines and better balances the game. And some of my favorite moments from the original AvP was playing at a LAN marines vs aliens...the tension was great.

Cameron only worked on film #2, not #3... but yeah this might be good considering they skipped the cheese which was #4...

Yeah the Wiki info there is wrong, this game takes place after the events in 2. I didn't catch it before I posted.

Or maybe it does and some time has passed?..... The Sulaco would have to have been floating is space awhile. Maybe it got captured by space pirates? Some of the video's show marines killing humans.

Agreed, and really they had to be, otherwise they wouldn't really be Predators. Removing them simplifies, streamlines and better balances the game. And some of my favorite moments from the original AvP was playing at a LAN marines vs aliens...the tension was great.

Yeah, honestly the only fun thing with Predators was playing with only 1 or 2 depending on amount of players, and then having everyone else be against them. Like one Predator for every 4 Marines/Aliens or something. I also really liked the mode in the newest AvP game where one person is the Predator and everyone else is a Marine, and whoever kills the Predator gets to become it.

According to sources I've read. The game takes place after the events of Aliens and fills in story gaps from Alien 3. So its a sequel to the 2nd movie but has storyline info for Alien 3.

That is all I can really find on a synopsis.

So its a sequel to the 2nd movie but has storyline info for Alien 3.
Yeah that makes it a little more interesting IMO... and I'd love if they referenced Ripley in some meaningful way...

I don't understand how they are roaming around in Hadley's Hope when it got blown the fuck up at the end of Aliens. Is it a much bigger complex than the thermonuclear explosion?

Yeah that makes it a little more interesting IMO... and I'd love if they referenced Ripley in some meaningful way...

Oh they will for sure, after all, you are sent to the Saluco to find Ripley or find out what happened to her.

I don't understand how they are roaming around in Hadley's Hope when it got blown the fuck up at the end of Aliens. Is it a much bigger complex than the thermonuclear explosion?

I was wondering the same, I've seen videos that show blast damage. Just like you im guessing its bigger than what we were lead to believe in the movie.

Although , it only housed like 300ish people. So you would think wouldn't be that big. They probably put some parts in it for fan cannon I am sure though. Which I ain't complaining.:cool:

ive been excited for this game for a very long time now.

looking forward to the multiplayer, just hope its nothing like avp 2010
shit, avp2 is still my favorite game.

ive been excited for this game for a very long time now.

looking forward to the multiplayer, just hope its nothing like avp 2010

I'm sure it wont be, from the looks of the mulitplayer videos I've watched, it looks like Left 4 Dead, which is a good thing.

hope its nothing like avp 2010

I enjoyed the 2010 AvP game...the alien/predator designs were pretty cool and the game itself was fun...I'm not comparing it to the movies but it was a cool game

I enjoyed the 2010 AvP game...the alien/predator designs were pretty cool and the game itself was fun...I'm not comparing it to the movies but it was a cool game

Yeah, it had some balance issues in MP that never got fully resolved (as far as I know) but the SP was fun and depending on what modes you played the MP was a lot of fun, too. I just really missed Evac and Survival mode, which thankfully it looks like will be in A:CM.

Back