Any official BF4 benchmarks anywhere yet?

TroyX

[H]ard|Gawd
I would like to see some since the game is out, any idea when or if Kyle will be doing one as well?

They working on it as we speak.... a
I can promises you that

I would like to see some since the game is out, any idea when or if Kyle will be doing one as well?

I'm working on it right now. These things take a while to do right (i.e. [H] style), and we don't get access to the game until everyone else does.

Benchmark the hardest level, Night Shangai near the tower. It's the only spot my FPS dropped like a bomb (near the fontain). 3D rain rulez LOL! :)

Nice, take your time.

This benchmark is really going to help me to choose between AMD or Nvidia.

Looking forward to this!

Please report on VRAM usage as well!

I'm curious to see is 2GB cards are even relevant now playing 1080p ultra/high.

please include hex-core and quad-core comparisons if possible ! Thank you sir.

please include hex-core and quad-core comparisons if possible ! Thank you sir.

The initial article will focus on GPUs. I will do a follow up that looks at CPU and memory speed differences to see where there's a bottleneck. The testing platform is 3770K based, so you'll likely only get quad physical and quad + HT. Nothing finalized yet, have lots to do before I can even think about it...

Nice, take your time.

This benchmark is really going to help me to choose between AMD or Nvidia.

Same here, I'm torn between 770 or 280X for the most part, but also tempted to just say eff it and go for a 780.

For those needing info.....my highest vram usage on 1080p ultra settings was 2300mb ......so far......but fps wise working very smooth on 7970 above 60 fps 90% of time

Regarding hexa vs quads.....single player doesn't seem to use hexa with ht fully......but I will report more info when I have time in multi to give accurate info.....multi likely use more cpu

Not offical, but I can confirm this is true. Pretty solid results. Game runs better then BETA.

i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz
7950x2 @ 1000/1350

1920x1080
all ULTRA
4xMSAA
HBAO ON
FOV @ 100

108fps average on 64man server..

Last edited:
Same here, I'm torn between 770 or 280X for the most part, but also tempted to just say eff it and go for a 780.

Same here, I am tempted by 780's price tag of $499, if you decide to go with 770 I would get the 4gb model, but I think AMD's 280x with a 384-Bit Bus and 3gb of Vram is a better buy.

I'm working on it right now. These things take a while to do right (i.e. [H] style), and we don't get access to the game until everyone else does.

It's probably too late for this but it would be great if you could include the GTX 770 4GB version as well as the 2GB this time, to see if the extra memory gets rid of the stuttering you experienced with the 2GB model in the beta benchmark.

Last edited:
§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1040327142 said:
Not offical, but I can confirm this is true. Pretty solid results. Game runs better then BETA.

i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz
7950x2 @ 1000/1350

1920x1080
all ULTRA
4xMSAA
HBAO ON
FOV @ 100

108fps average on 64man server..

What program did you use to generate those graphs?

Playing with my sig rig I'm getting 55-60 FPS on High with no MSAA.

100% CPU & 90-100% GPU utilization.

I can run ultra 40-55 FPS but I exceed my 1280MB of VRAM and CTD or lock up with looping sound.

On High with no MSAA I'm at ~1180 MB of VRAM use. Cutting it really close!

I'm really shocked at the 100% CPU use @ 4.7 GHz though I don't think the Windows perf monitor is accurate with a high overclock.

Playing with my sig rig I'm getting 55-60 FPS on High with no MSAA.

100% CPU & 90-100% GPU utilization.

I can run ultra 40-55 FPS but I exceed my 1280MB of VRAM and CTD or lock up with looping sound.

On High with no MSAA I'm at ~1180 MB of VRAM use. Cutting it really close!

I'm really shocked at the 100% CPU use @ 4.7 GHz though I don't think the Windows perf monitor is accurate with a high overclock.

The 100% CPU usage is back? They got rid of that in the beta with that patch... :(

The 100% CPU usage is back? They got rid of that in the beta with that patch... :(

I'm pegged at 99-100% the entire time. My FPS are great though at 50-60 running high with no MSAA. VRAM is the major issue.

I can play on ultra for about 2 minutes and it's smooth and looks great but then I overflow and CTD. If this 570 had 2GB VRAM I don't think I would need to upgrade.

I'm pegged at 99-100% the entire time. My FPS are great though at 50-60 running high with no MSAA. VRAM is the major issue.

I can play on ultra for about 2 minutes and it's smooth and looks great but then I overflow and CTD. If this 570 had 2GB VRAM I don't think I would need to upgrade.

Are you on Windows 8 or 7? Because going off the beta if you're on win8 it still plays smoothly with 100% cpu usage, while on windows 7 it's awful.

I'm on a 570 (and a 2500k) as well by the way and am already looking to upgrade my graphics card in the next few days/week.

Puts to bed that myth about cards not having the GPU power to use more than their supplied amount of VRAM without being at unplayable framerate though doesn't it. All I read when I was researching before buying my GTX 570 is "oh don't worry about the VRAM the 570 doesn't have the GPU power to use more than that much VRAM anyways".

yeah... no. It's not true for the 570 and many other cards, and it's not true for the 2GB 680/770 either which is why I'd buy a 4GB one instead.

Last edited:
Are you on Windows 8 or 7? Because going off the beta if you're on win8 it still plays smoothly with 100% cpu usage, while on windows 7 it's awful.

I'm on a 570 (and a 2500k) as well by the way and am already looking to upgrade my graphics card in the next few days/week.

Puts to bed that myth about cards not having the GPU power to use more than their supplied amount of VRAM without being at unplayable framerate though doesn't it. All I read when I was researching before buying my GTX 570 is "oh don't worry about the VRAM the 570 doesn't have the GPU power to use more than that much VRAM anyways".

yeah... no. It's not true for the 570 and many other cards, and it's not true for the 2GB 680/770 either which is why I'd buy a 4GB one instead.

Running 8.1.

Aside from VRAM issue game is flawless for me.

Going to a 4GB card without a doubt when I upgrade!

http://pclab.pl/art55318-4.html

New test. Generally the AMD solutions are better in single player, from anywhere from 5-15 percent.

The tables flip and then some in multiplayer, Nvidia has a big advantage. Somewhere like 30% for a 290x vs a gtx 780. And similar amount between a 280x vs a gtx 770.

AMD CPU do badly in general too. Lose up to 40% of their frames rates compared to Intel when mixed with a 290x.

Well I really hope that there is no 100% CPU usage stuttering for people using quad cores on windows 7 again.

I have BF4 and Win7, no need to worry, it only uses 40-50% usage on my 4770k.

I used a 32 player server so maybe it could be higher in 64 player servers, but not by much.

I have BF4 and Win7, no need to worry, it only uses 40-50% usage on my 4770k.

I used a 32 player server so maybe it could be higher in 64 player servers, but not by much.

That's an i7 with hyper threading though. It's the i5's that had the problem in the beta.

Well damn.. HT must be essential. Pegged at 100% here.

It might just need a patch, this happened on the beta but they patched it and the CPU usage dropped to around 80 with no stuttering anymore.

And that's on a 3770 too? Well it seems like the game is in desperate need of fixes in its release state then.

The game runs fine, I believe its his Crossfire setup that needs work, hear that AMD?

I'll receive my copy on Friday, hopefully they've patched it by then anyways, I've heard there's quite a few crashes etc. but it will obviously take a while to get rid of most of the bugs and improve optimisation more.

http://pclab.pl/art55318-4.html

New test. Generally the AMD solutions are better in single player, from anywhere from 5-15 percent.

The tables flip and then some in multiplayer, Nvidia has a big advantage. Somewhere like 30% for a 290x vs a gtx 780. And similar amount between a 280x vs a gtx 770.

AMD CPU do badly in general too. Lose up to 40% of their frames rates compared to Intel when mixed with a 290x.

What is that Windows 7 vs Windows 8 multiplayer graph showing? Is that fps? Because that is absolutely insane if Windows 8 gives a ~20fps performance increase over windows 7.

What is that Windows 7 vs Windows 8 multiplayer graph showing? Is that fps? Because that is absolutely insane if Windows 8 gives a ~20fps performance increase over windows 7.

I upgraded to W8 during the Beta and the performance difference was incredible.

I'm assuming that W8 is the only reason my 570 is having no issue on high (other than VRAM).

Anyone else having consistent game crashing?? I'm running HD 6870's in CFX, going to try the old drivers, currently using the new beta 7

Just fiddling with it now. One thing's for sure, I'm running out of steam in the GPU memory department.

Just did some quick gaming. Not really any concrete information yet but I was avg 60-70FPS with my rig running 2560x1600 with settings set to High.

The final performs awesome compared to the beta. Same drivers though 331.41. Getting much better perf than BF3 even. I'm on 8.1 preview.

Trading my 3770k with a 4930k is finally paying off.

Back