any of you heard resin keycap?

there is no entire set. He only sells some key, such as space bar, return key etc.

but take a closer look, he's at etsy, and many items are sold out w/ a pile of 5 star reviews. I'm guessing those who buy are Gamestop shareholders😆

Kudos to the people who make them, and lol to the people who actually buy them. (at those prices anyway)

see I can take out the ESC key easily. But I don't know how to remove the space bar or the return key. I try that once, it does not land back properly, fortunately that was my older mechanical keyboard and I return it under warranty. So even if the above is free, I can't use it

But if you go to Etsy, there are a huge no. of creators who make a garden variety of resin keycap, some are artistric, some are r-rated, some are 3D key (1 inch. tall)

It's not for an entire set, its usually for accent keys. You buy a spacebar, or escape, or shift, or whatever. Some of them are entire mini dioramas.

I actually spent about $25 on a neat looking resin spacebar, but it wasn't made correctly and didn't quite fit my 6.25u (standard) spacebar size. So I sent it back.

There's also metal keycaps, alloy keycaps, wooden keycaps and rubberized keycaps.

Last edited:
who did you buy yours from? is it Etsy?

What's the trick to get that space bar off a mechanical keyboard?

I'm looking for a youtube video to guide me

Yeah, etsy is where I got mine. My current keycap set is from amazon though I have a few custom keys shipping my way from AliExpress. Expecting to see them sometime this year, maybe. 🤣

I bought a cheap but decent keycap puller. I put o rings on all of my keycaps for shorter travel distance.

https://smile.amazon.com/Keycap-Mec...eywords=key+puller+wire&qid=1618849954&sr=8-5

If you don't want to scratch your keycaps when you remove them I STRONGLY reccomend getting a wire type keycap puller. The plastic ones scratch the caps.

I have a very similar keycap puller.

how do you order from AliExpress? do they take credit card?

do you have problem re-sit the resin new key for big key like spacebar or return key?

No problems at all with my keyboard, but I have a keyboard that makes hot swapping relatively easy.

AliExpress does take credit cards, but I used paypal so they didn't have direct access to my credit card number.

Seconded on get a wire-type keycap puller! It makes life so much easier.

Back