Any non-Xbox members uploaded Windows 10 Game DVR videos through the Xbox app?

djoye

2[H]4U
I decided to play with the Windows 10 Xbox app where I'm logged in with my GFWL/Xbox account using an offline Windows 10 profile, I used the Game DVR feature to record video from a supported/recognized game, but I get an extremely generic error of "There was a problem uploading your capture" when I try to upload the video through the Xbox app, there's not even an event log entry that elaborates on this.

I'm seeing articles from 2013 saying that you need to be a Live Gold member to use this feature, but that all seems to be in the context of using the feature from an Xbox console. Has anyone that is not an Xbox Live Gold member been able to use this feature through a Windows 10 PC? The Xbox app tells me that my NAT status is 'open', I'm only using Windows firewall behind a simple home cable modem + router network.

I've seen that this appears to use OneDrive and there are recommendations to free up OneDrive space, but I'm using 0/5GB of my OneDrive space associated with my Xbox account.

It's stupid that I'm even messing with this since I'll never use it again, but it's frustrating that something so simple doesn't work and provides absolutely no detailed information as to the problem preventing it from working.

Back