Any non sketch place to buy one of those Onda 6 slot boards?

Except for innacurate descriptions, sketch problems on Ali
aren't usually the seller, its mostly the free Chinese shipping.
If you want non-sketch, non-sorting-in-Shenzhen, pay for DHL.

Last edited:
aliexpress is kinda like Chinese amazon. Don't worry about buying on there.

I have only had issues with slow shipping.

Be aware that those require LOW VOLTAGE 1.35v DDR3. My DDR3 sodimms lying around were all 1.5v and the board would not post without low voltage memory

I was aware but thanks :D

EDIT: how is the board working out for you?

EDIT2: Do you need to power all the AUX power ports or is it just for cards what dont have their own 6/8pins? I would be running 6 x EVGA 1060 6GB SC (The mini ones)

I'll let you know when I actually set it up with video cards today. I just got some DDR3L yesterday that would let it post. You only need to power cards that are plugged into the board. However, I don't believe they are in correct order. Either way, with 6 cards you have to power all the ports.

I will also be powering mine with GTX1060's. I am moving from an old H81 BTC board, so I am going to try and get some power readings before and after as well.

Board is mining away with 6x 1060's no problems. The Celeron is slow, so don't be surprised when loading drivers takes awhile.

I have a mining style windows 10 image that I put on hard drives for mining. Saves time installing a new rig. So no idea how long windows would take to install with that Celeron, but probably a while.

Cool. Where did you buy the board? Want one but i dont want to wait (or pay a ton in shipping) months from China. Might just have to go with a normal board :/

aliexpress. Took 2 maybe 3 weeks. Most sellers have free shipping.

Seriously, give aliexpress a chance

On 11/11, as an experiment, I gave eight sellers on Aliexpress eight chances with free shipping.
Heavy 1600W got a free DHL upgrade for no reason I can fathom, arrived in less than a week.
4 free wins (reasonable time), 3 free losses (more than a month and still waiting).

Unfortunately, my Onda was one of those three. Circling some floating trash isle in the Pacific,
or Shorting Despach (not my spelling) in Shenzhen. If it matters, if it REALLY matters, pay the
damn DHL shipping ransom and be done with it.

I bought Onda from same vendor linked above, and the order shipped and began tracking on
the very next day. From there, China free shipping does what it does best, lose shit for weeks.

Last edited:
Yea, i dont have time to wait :(. A few have epacket to Canada but never know if they actually WILL use it.

Right now work is kinda busy to the point of taking
offense at anything non-work that I might drag into
the lab for measurement. I would surely get roped
into doing extra unpaid overtime on my offtime.

Havn't got all parts at home to put under full load yet.
But ran 5 RX with it while troubleshooting another rig,
and didn't observe any serious problems.

Sticker peeled off on its own just sitting there. Doesn't
adhere well to nice easily chipped Chinese paint job?
Certainly hasn't been through challenging burn-in yet.

In China, seems no such thing as hard specifications.
But looking inside, someone tried really hard to make
a good supply out of whatever pile of parts happened
to be available that day. Workmanship ++ Materials --

Its like when GF sais "Oooohhh, nice try. Don't beat
yourself up about it. Wasn't important anyway..."

Problems are all nitpick. Even knowing fan bearing
bait and switch, nothing that would stop me from
buying the same if offered at a slightly lower price.
Actually, $119 on sale was amazingly damn cheap.
It works, who am I to complain?

Last edited:
Back