Any Non Reference 980s with LOTS of outputs?

Limp Gawd
I am so happy to see the 980's with 1 x HDMI 1 x DVI and 3 x DP. Definitely a step in the right direction. Unfortunately for me, I still need more outputs. The max from what I read is 4 monitors.

Any rumors on a non reference 980 (or 970) coming out with more outputs?

One of the main reasons I haven't upgraded my 7970 lightning is because of the outputs.

MSI-7970-bezel.jpg

I think I remember reading somewhere about someone making a 980 with 4 mini-DP outs like that, along with one HDMI and one DVI-I. I just can't remember who or where... :eek: But NVIDIA's drivers limit displays 3+1 in Surround or 4 separate. I guess NVIDIA's line of thinking is that you would have your Surround displays plugged into the DP outputs and your accessory display on the DVI or HDMI.

Oh damn, didn't know NVIDIA's drivers limited it to 3+1.

Was hoping for at least 3+2 but I guess that won't happen. :(

A 980 with 4 x DP, 1 X HDMI, and 1 x DVI with the ability to use all ports would have been awesome...

Hey guys going to bump this from the dead.

Any update on the Nvidia drivers that will do more than 3+1?

Also any cards with lots of outputs?

Yeah that is what I thought. AMD does still produce cards that support 5 and even 6 monitors on 1 card though.

The ASUS STRIX R9 Fury DC3 4GB supports 5 monitors for example.

I am getting the itch to upgrade my race sim rig which is in my basement gym. This is the computer that has the lightning 7970 and has 3 monitors for the sim cockpit, 1 for my row machine, and 1 for my cycling trainer. These are all in the basement and only used one at a time, so it works out great. I plan on adding one more monitor in the corner of the room, just for when working out I can have something running. So my next card will need 6 monitor support.

I wish Nvidia would support 6 monitors but I guess it looks like I will have to stick with AMD for this rig.

R9 390 supports 6 displays from what I read.
I have a XFX390 for a second rig.

Back