Any news on BattleField 4 ?

You gonna guarantee it? Because I got bf4 for 48 and premium for 40. No worries of missing a sale now, and I got a great price that I am happy with.,

Guarantee what? I'm not talking about sales or your anecdotal experience finding one. My point was meant generally about the silliness of preordering, all other things being equal.

In any case, by all means, if you found it on sale share with the group.

Guarantee what? I'm not talking about sales or your anecdotal experience finding one. My point was meant generally about the silliness of preordering, all other things being equal.

In any case, by all means, if you found it on sale share with the group.

It wasn't anecdotal, it was fact. There have been several similar sales on SD/FW/etc. for preordering. So, yelling at people to not pre-order and calling it silly, is ridiculous considering we can lock in better-or-same-at-worst pricing now without having to worry about finding it on a sale later. I don't get the hostility towards pre-ordering that you have and your need to lecture about it.

I figure there is a good chance no one will even get to play the beta tomorrow so I'll work. :D

If it DOES work, I'll be so incredibly pissed!!! Or not.

EA is known for having flawless game launches. so i think you are missing out going to work.

You lucky bastards. I won't be able to play the beta till next week. The bf4 flu excuse, will not work for me =(.

Pre-load keeps reverting to 82%. Done it 20 times or so now.

Guy on battlelog said he fixed that issue by un\re-installing origin. You could probably save your '\program files (x86)\origin games' directory to another location before un-installing, then copy it back, and avoid re-downloading anything else (works for BF3 anyway.)

It wasn't anecdotal, it was fact. There have been several similar sales on SD/FW/etc. for preordering. So, yelling at people to not pre-order and calling it silly, is ridiculous considering we can lock in better-or-same-at-worst pricing now without having to worry about finding it on a sale later. I don't get the hostility towards pre-ordering that you have and your need to lecture about it.

I think what hje meant is pre-ordering at full price doesn't make sense as you're just giving the game company an interest free loan. Where did you get BF4 for $40?

I think what hje meant is pre-ordering at full price doesn't make sense as you're just giving the game company an interest free loan. Where did you get BF4 for $40?

I got premium for 40. Bf4 itself was a bit higher. Gamefly.com and amazon have run deals several times so far.

I jumped in a quick round this morning, and I had a blast. Nothing is outstandingly different, but everything manages to just feel better. It all feels very polished. It looks fantastic and seems to perform great. Afterburner overlay isn't working for me, so I'm not getting an FPS, but I've got my settings set higher than I do in BF3, and it looks smooth, there hasn't been any noticeable framerate drops.

LOVE it! Ran flawlessly. It's BF3 just refined in every way. The Battlefield guys have the best game formula around. Everything seems polished and so well thought out. The sound design is amazing too!!! Best game ever!

Guy on battlelog said he fixed that issue by un\re-installing origin. You could probably save your '\program files (x86)\origin games' directory to another location before un-installing, then copy it back, and avoid re-downloading anything else (works for BF3 anyway.)

Uninstalled everything Origin related, deleted leftover folders, re-installed. Still no download.

I'm already not impressed. Straight off the bat I can't map certain keys like delete and insert, which is a deal breaker.

i think you have the option of keeping your stats or starting from scratch when the game is released.

Played for a little while.

Seems like there needs to be a major driver update or something, it is perfectly smooth then all of a sudden drops for no reason.

also, artifacts! artifacts like crazy!

but the core gameplay itself didn't really entice me. soliders move a little differently now, physics on enemies looks different, lots of fire everywhere.

theres an instant kill rifle in the game apparently, while I didn't play for the last 10 hours, waiting for the beta to come out, so people outmatch me already.

I'm not sure what it is, it does seem upgraded, but it doesn't feel right. I'm glad I didn't pre-order.

Played for a little while.

Seems like there needs to be a major driver update or something, it is perfectly smooth then all of a sudden drops for no reason.

but the core gameplay itself didn't really entice me. soliders move a little differently now, physics on enemies looks different, lots of fire everywhere.

theres an instant kill rifle in the game apparently, while I didn't play for the last 10 hours, waiting for the beta to come out, so people outmatch me already.

I'm not sure what it is, it does seem upgraded, but it doesn't feel right. I'm glad I didn't pre-order.

Yeah I'm disappointed. I was intrigued by the gameplay videos and overhaul of the menu, but after using it for a short time, just didn't feel... intuitive?

I'll spend more time with it when I can, but it just felt "off."

Another small thing that bothers me more than it should. I expected the gui/interface to be sharp. It's not, it's fuzzy. I'm over this battlefield "fuzzy is cool" shit.

Last edited:
OMG! Was just about to watch this tall building fall then my game crapped out. Looked awesome from what I got to see.

i'm not poking fun at you, but this conjurs memories of the 'pre-order cancelled' meme just before the BF3 release :D

This just piled on top of me when I get maybe 15 minutes a day to play anything on the computer anymore. With a 6 month old around, just no time to dick with this stuff and 75 bucks will buy some more diapers.

i'm not poking fun at you, but this conjurs memories of the 'pre-order cancelled' meme just before the BF3 release :D

Haha I remember that too...

Glad it wasn't just me... running a baby 650 TI Boost briefly and BF4 was having sky artifacting at stock clocks and even vastly underclocked. Was worried it might be the card but it works flawlessly in absolutely everything else....

image.png

Just installed the beta on my PC. Trying to get into the game, it loads up, but says LOADING... and screen is black, but I can hear sounds in background. WTF ?

Just installed the beta on my PC. Trying to get into the game, it loads up, but says LOADING... and screen is black, but I can hear sounds in background. WTF ?

update punkbuster manually. This was one of a few issues I had to go through to get the game running.

I got my 45 minutes worth for next few years. You would have to have EA's hand very far up your ass to think that unlock system in this game is acceptable by any means.

If I'm sprinting and jump it opens the console (alt +b). Anyone else notice any other key combos that do this?

Back