Any news on BattleField 4 ?

I know they have the alpha running right now correct? I always think it's pretty retarded when they roll out with a beta 2 or 3 weeks before actual product launch. In my mind the game is such a massive project 2 or 3 weeks isn't enough time to shake down a system of that magnitude. *shrugs*

That's because its a marketing beta, a glorified demo. They're not *actually* leaving their big period of bugsquashing to a few weeks before the game, so its simply a misnomer.

Last edited:
BF3 premium still gets into the BF4 beta, correct? When does the "beta" access begin?

Yeah there are three avenues for the Beta access. MoH Warfighter DD or LE purchase, BF3 Premium Purchase and BF4 DD purchase. No real date announced, just "October."

Yeah there are three avenues for the Beta access. MoH Warfighter DD or LE purchase, BF3 Premium Purchase and BF4 DD purchase. No real date announced, just "October."

And the 4th avenue is simply waiting out the 3 days of "exclusive closed beta" to pass, at which point it turns into an "open beta" or playable demo for anyone with Origin.

Seriously, 3 days...? Don't get me wrong I'll be all over it like Precious on a cheesecake but seems a little silly.

Seriously, 3 days...? Don't get me wrong I'll be all over it like Precious on a cheesecake but seems a little silly.

It seems to all be aimed to give the 16 and under crowd something to talk shit/talk down to others about. "0MG n3wb, im so much m0r3 l33t th4n u, been playing 3 more dayz!"

EDIT: Do kids still use l33t speak these days? Damn whippersnappers....

And the 4th avenue is simply waiting out the 3 days of "exclusive closed beta" to pass, at which point it turns into an "open beta" or playable demo for anyone with Origin.

Yeah,

It's definitely silly.

It seems to all be aimed to give the 16 and under crowd something to talk shit/talk down to others about. "0MG n3wb, im so much m0r3 l33t th4n u, been playing 3 more dayz!"

EDIT: Do kids still use l33t speak these days? Damn whippersnappers....

Heh. Absolutely, though from what I hear from my PC-averse Xbox playing friend, its only really the verbage and common phrases parroted among them between sucks of code red mountain dew that changes with the frequency of Bieber's haircuts: "Do you even MLG bro? You don't even have JEWELED CAMO! Y0l0Swag420 4Lyfe" ... while not forgetting such classic hits as "Your mom (fill in the blank) N*WORD" ...and... "What the hell Mom I wanted dino nuggets, these are regular"

In any case, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJIIgdSW6O4

Yeah while I am not a fanboy of the bf series, I can at least say that they spent more time and money with the development of a new engine.

I don't care how much lipstick they put on the cod engine, it is still a pig with lipstick. Same tired ass game mechanics and environment. With all of the money that they have made, you would think they would invest in a new engine. Apparently their motto is, "If it ain't broke, fuck it."

Yeah while I am not a fanboy of the bf series, I can at least say that they spent more time and money with the development of a new engine.

I don't care how much lipstick they put on the cod engine, it is still a pig with lipstick. Same tired ass game mechanics and environment. With all of the money that they have made, you would think they would invest in a new engine. Apparently their motto is, "If it ain't broke, fuck it."

Yeapers. But hey, that's what their customer base wants, so oh well I guess

I'm in the same boat -- I know without a doubt I'll be buying this -- full price, day 1, with zero regrets.

I already got my money's worth out of BF3+Premium (even at full price).

knowing my luck -- since I work a wonky ass schedule they will release it on a weekend or some crap when i really can't play. Either way, will probably preoder after a few days of beta just to get the extra freebie.

a new UI, tweaks to the engine ,if they fixed the damn network code such that I don't die 20 feet after I've taken cover... I'll be a pretty happy camper. It's a fun game, and looks gorgeous. I'm looking forward to upgrading my 27" HP 1080p dispay to a nice 1440p display to maximize the sexiness.

I'm really interested in the commander mode they want to run on a tablet (optional). Would be interesting if you could just be sitting in a starbucks or something and jump into a friends server and play as a dedicated commander. since there wouldn't really be any fancy graphics other than a UI, most tablets should be able to run it smoothly.

I know they have the alpha running right now correct?

Alpha ran for 2 weeks in July. It is over now.

Haha, well, I can see you guys aren't in favour of pre-ordering.

You're not alone. Most games I wait for the reviews (pre-ordered Blacklist the day before release), but when it comes to just about anything DICE or Valve makes, my pre-order is in as early as they'll take it. I'll lap up every flimsy appearance pack they slop on my plate. :D People can say what they want, I don't care. I'll support a good Dev even when the Publisher's sales model is approaching criminal (ok, within reason). These companies earned my respect long ago.

That is going in my favorites. :p

if they fixed the damn network code such that I don't die 20 feet after I've taken cover... I'll be a pretty happy camper.

It was considerably better in the Alpha, in fact I don't remember experiencing it at all. Patrick Bach confirmed in one of the E3 Twitch.tv interviews that it has been over-hauled and that was one of their focuses. Only time will tell, but at least it looks and sounds encouraging.

It was considerably better in the Alpha, in fact I don't remember experiencing it at all. Patrick Bach confirmed in one of the E3 Twitch.tv interviews that it has been over-hauled and that was one of their focuses. Only time will tell, but at least it looks and sounds encouraging.

That's great news!

That's because its a marketing beta, a glorified demo. They're not *actually* leaving their big period of bugsquashing to a few weeks before the game, so its simply a misnomer.

DICE's big period of bugsquashing is usually a few weeks after release, not before. :p

BF3 has changed pretty radically from patch to patch. I expect BF4 to be the same, especially with so many additions.

bugsquashing happens about 6 months after the game has been released generally :rolleyes:

BF4 beta just popped up in my origin game library. Can't install it yet, but it's there now. You folks might wanna take a look, see if its there. (Again, can't install can't play but it's there now.)

any word on the hardware? was thinking about getting a new proc or another 680

I'm running an i5 2500k @ 4Ghz and an GTX680 @ 1176MHz and it still struggles with keeping rates at 60fps on high :eek:

I'm running an i5 2500k @ 4Ghz and an GTX680 @ 1176MHz and it still struggles with keeping rates at 60fps on high :eek:

similiar to Bf3 a bit more.
windows 8.1 64 bit plus 8gb ram recomended.
going to be cpu dependent a bit more than Bf3 even.

I only have a 670(1202 Core) and I hold a solid 60 @1440p Ultra, SSAO, No MSAA.

Meanwhile my 3770k is doing this:
bf3taskmanagerxoswd.jpg

I'm still running the machine in my sig that I purchased solely for BF3. I could max the graphics.

The graphics in BF4 don't look like they've been improved much, but all of the new effects are surely going to drain more resources. I assume I won't be able to max out graphics in BF4, but anyone know how much I'll hurt?

Before any of you give me hard time, I have very little time to game these days and I've played very little besides BF3 since it came out, so I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth out of BF3 as well.

I'm a bit confused about what version to pre-order. I know I'm going to get BF4 and I know I'm going to get Premium, so it seems like there's no point in getting anything other than the standard edition and just also buying Premium. I can't tell if any of the additional content in the deluxe version is exclusive only to that version, and if so, what any of it is. I'm guessing if they won't provide details as to what's in those "battle packs" then they must not be worth it.

Anyone have an intel on what any of that extra shit is?

No. A second GTX 680 will be way more noticeable than a 3770K, not sure what some people on here are smoking sometimes.

Amen. A lot of weird posts about CPUs around here lately; 9 times out of 10 a GPU upgrade is the (substantially) better bang for your buck.

Any good deals on BF4 preorders been seen lately? I know a few websites had it at 20% off a few months ago but I haven't seen any recently. Thanks

Amen. A lot of weird posts about CPUs around here lately; 9 times out of 10 a GPU upgrade is the (substantially) better bang for your buck.

I preference a single gpu any day over any sli/crossfire solution.
a cpu upgrade is often as good a bet especially with the frostbite engine due to multithreaded performance with 64bit OS etc..will be recomended.
if you OC to 4.5ghz well any slowdown on the cpu side will affect
min fps​
rates so while I never done any scientific tests there was noticeable difference running my 2500k vs the 4670k in the same game with the same OS and gpu.

sli/crossfire you have heat, maybe psu upgrade and the issue with any dual gpu situations can be tricky as stuff can happen with such solutions that never appear with single gpu.

did anyone post this vid yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKi9gNWTy5E&feature=em-subs_digest

check out minute 13:30 for a ridiculously cool shipwreck

I might actually grab BF4 on release this time around.
I have a 3750k with a 660ti. problem is that I'm using a 2560x1440 screen so I think I'm going to have to upgrade my video card at a minimum. hopefully I don't have to upgrade my cpu. I was oc'ing but haven't been doing that lately because I wasn't noticing major differences in framerates and figure I'd rather have my cpu last longer this time around.

did anyone post this vid yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKi9gNWTy5E&feature=em-subs_digest

check out minute 13:30 for a ridiculously cool shipwreck

I might actually grab BF4 on release this time around.
I have a 3750k with a 660ti. problem is that I'm using a 2560x1440 screen so I think I'm going to have to upgrade my video card at a minimum. hopefully I don't have to upgrade my cpu. I was oc'ing but haven't been doing that lately because I wasn't noticing major differences in framerates and figure I'd rather have my cpu last longer this time around.

You will want a new GPU or a second 660ti. I hope the new amd gpu series will be awesome and cheapish.

So buying the game and Premium service are two different things I am assuming just like BF3 correct? Was about to pre-order premium without buying the game.

edit: nvm found it; going to wait until it's closer to release for some deals. Only paid $33 for BF3 on release day.

Last edited:
Back