Any news on BattleField 4 ?

3 Factions. I wonder if that 3 faction thing is going to expand to 3 teams for multiplayer

It will likely be the same situation as BF2's three factions. Although I can see the possibility all three being on different sides as opposed to US vs. MEC/China like BF2.

If it were actually 3 way play on the same map I think that would be made more clear and advertised as a feature.

My best guess is even if there are 3 multiplayer factions, they'll be set in stone per map rather than something configurable by server owners. i.e. Map A has factions A and B, Map B has factions A and C, etc.

3 Factions. I wonder if that 3 faction thing is going to expand to 3 teams for multiplayer

problem with 3 teams would be if they kept the 64 player. You'd have 3 teams of 21 and one spare, (or possibly 32 vs 16 vs 16) and have to have triangular maps otherwise one side would be very disadvantaged (though might be good for siege maps).

For BF3 on consoles the max was 24 or something, so if it's similar, 3 8 player teams would be kind of small.

Is there any word on the VOIP yet? I made the mistake of preordering BF3 with its crap web useless VOIP.

I probably wouldn't buy it to be honest without a proximity / squad based VOIP.

Is there any word on the VOIP yet? I made the mistake of preordering BF3 with its crap web useless VOIP.

I probably wouldn't buy it to be honest without a proximity / squad based VOIP.

Why? Just hop on mumble or teamspeak with your friends... they're far better than any VOIP that could be re-made ingame.

No dates for beta

No news on in-game VOIP

I hope it isn't in. Get decision regarding that in BF3. If it is in BF4 there has to be a way to globally mute all mics on every server. 99% of the time you get:

1) People abusing the mic.

2) People thinking they are important because they are speaking doing nothing but distracting their team mates. They will give "orders" or "advice" that is worthless and not helpful and complain when it does not work, and continue to pretend they are relevant by issuing more "orders".

3) Giving outdated or entirely irrelevant information for you.

I hope it isn't in. Get decision regarding that in BF3. If it is in BF4 there has to be a way to globally mute all mics on every server. 99% of the time you get:

1) People abusing the mic.

2) People thinking they are important because they are speaking doing nothing but distracting their team mates. They will give "orders" or "advice" that is worthless and not helpful and complain when it does not work, and continue to pretend they are relevant by issuing more "orders".

3) Giving outdated or entirely irrelevant information for you.

Yeah, I hope you can globally mute voice chat completely if it is in-game. There's little use in having it there, and most of the time it would be worse to have it than not. As I mentioned before, people who are friends are going to just hop on their normal voice servers anyway with external programs. This is standard in most games, actually.

Why? Just hop on mumble or teamspeak with your friends... they're far better than any VOIP that could be re-made ingame.

I have no friends. Serious issue with constantly making fart noises. It's funny for the first 30 seconds but after two hours I usually just get banned from the server.

Anyway, I never really want to hear random drunk 13 yr olds calling me the n word every 15 seconds. So in game voip can take a hike imo.

The VOIP argument about BF3 is just another excuse to bitch, you probably don't use it anyway.

All you get with global voip is someone breathing heavly, blarring music, shit feedback so you always hear it, or their game sound way too high.

It is pointless unless you have your friends on there, and then you can use mumble, teamspeak, etc.

All you get with global voip is someone breathing heavly, blarring music, shit feedback so you always hear it, or their game sound way too high.

Holy shit just click the mute all button, is it really that difficult?! Fuck me, no wonder gaming is going down the shitter when people advocate having less options.

I thought they implemented in-game VOIP quite well in BF2.

Only squad leaders could hear the commander and only squad members could hear the squad leader. You could still mute if you wanted and you could always join/create another squad if you didn't like it.

Rocket science stuff!

Anyway, I never really want to hear random drunk 13 yr olds calling me the n word every 15 seconds. So in game voip can take a hike imo.

Pretty much this... I'm all for the option since people seem to want it, but they NEED to have a mute all button if they're going to do it.

Pretty much this... I'm all for the option since people seem to want it, but they NEED to have a mute all button if they're going to do it.

And it must be mutable from the main menu. Global option, all servers. I don't want to mute it every time I load up a map/server/join another squad.

As mentioned, Teamspeak or whatever is popular these days are what you should use for real team communications.

Seriously, it isn't that hard -- just make it like BF2.

If someone is being a dick, just switch squads --- no muting needed!

And it must be mutable from the main menu. Global option, all servers. I don't want to mute it every time I load up a map/server/join another squad.

As mentioned, Teamspeak or whatever is popular these days are what you should use for real team communications.

Yep. And Kryptor, why should we NOT have the option to mute it then? Not everyone wants to listen to random people's voice chat while playing.

Sounds like a mic spammers dream

Congratulations on making something into a problem that it actually never was. I played close to 3000 hours of BF2 and 2142 over a span of 8 years, and it was not a problem on a single occasion.

BF2, and 2142, had very good VOIP implementations. There was never a spamming problem, and it really facilitated squad play. Simply joining a server with "teamplay only" or similar in the title would almost guarantee you a squad experience with coordination and decent use of in game VOIP.

But definitely advocate for a shittier game, no wonder DICE thinks they can get away with it.

Because leaving the server to befriend the person with whom you wanted to communicate, then opening a chat channel in your browser, and then re-joining the server, was a really just as effective as clicking a single button in game. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Fuck me I'm picking the PERFECT time to lose interest in FPS games.

Congratulations on making something into a problem that it actually never was. I played close to 3000 hours of BF2 and 2142 over a span of 8 years, and it was not a problem on a single occasion.

BF2, and 2142, had very good VOIP implementations. There was never a spamming problem, and it really facilitated squad play. Simply joining a server with "teamplay only" or similar in the title would almost guarantee you a squad experience with coordination and decent use of in game VOIP.

But definitely advocate for a shittier game, no wonder DICE thinks they can get away with it.

Because leaving the server to befriend the person with whom you wanted to communicate, then opening a chat channel in your browser, and then re-joining the server, was a really just as effective as clicking a single button in game. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Fuck me I'm picking the PERFECT time to lose interest in FPS games.

Sure, back when it was a small community of hardcore hobbyist gamers, you may not have run into mic spammers and idiots as often... nowadays though, public voice chat is worthless in virtually all cases, and generally destructive. IF they bothered to waste time to implement a feature that would barely be used for any actual gameplay purposes in today's "me me me, I'm so important listen to me!! ME!!!!!!" society, they would NEED to have a global option to mute voice chat that players could toggle, which would affect all servers (like a game setting in the options). I mean, you can't even control yourself here on a text forum discussing the idea without starting to become sarcastic, bitter, and cursing while ridiculing anyone else's thoughts but your own... and we are supposed to think if someone didn't drop a medpack in the game when you asked right that instant, you wouldn't yell at them?

Have you read a chat log in a normal bf3 server lately?

Yep. And Kryptor, why should we NOT have the option to mute it then? Not everyone wants to listen to random people's voice chat while playing.

Because even at the end of the day, a bunch of people talking kills immersion and is down right annoying. Even without the issues I have outlined.

When you get into your own group, then that is different. But in the case you might as well use one of the many 3rd party programs for it.

Mic spamming was one of the things I remembered from the BF2 demo and was enough to kill my interest in the game.

If only I could mute someone who is obnoxious... if only they invented something to allow me to not listen to that person... alas, you are right.

Text chat is so much better, you can... uhm... hide the chat box. Now I can't read what other people say, including the admins and the server messages. Yes, much better than just silencing that one troublemaker.

:rolleyes:

Flogger I think you just need a singleplayer game or a server with bots. Don't think these kind of games are made for people of your... type.

Pretty much this. And if you've spent 5 minutes on battlelog forums, forget it. Youll literally lose brain cells trying to decipher that stupidity. The mentality these days is terribly worse than it was 8 years ago in the good old days of BF2 and 2142. Maybe its all the COD kiddie crossovers, who knows why but the 4chan mentality is strong in games like BF3 these days.

I checked out the battlelog forums like you suggested and it's pretty normal, especially for a multinational forum for a large game. Also, when I played BF3 the chat was no different than what went on in 1942 back in the day, maybe a little more 4-channed like you say when trash-talking happened (memes weren't in full swing then), but really not that bad when the chat was being used, which was rarely. Dunno what you're expecting or trying to remember.

I checked out the battlelog forums like you suggested and it's pretty normal, especially for a multinational forum for a large game. Also, when I played BF3 the chat was no different than what went on in 1942 back in the day, maybe a little more 4-channed like you say when trash-talking happened (memes weren't in full swing then), but really not that bad when the chat was being used, which was rarely. Dunno what you're expecting or trying to remember.

Some of us don't like to lose brain cells by reading such gibberish ;). Voice chat needs a global mute button as a game option if it's in the game at all.

Some of us don't like to lose brain cells by reading such gibberish ;). Voice chat needs a global mute button as a game option if it's in the game at all.

Most of the forum posts are people asking for help or just discussing something and/or whining about something, much like these forums. I do agree that VoIP should be toggleable for those who don't want it and it should be simple to mute other players.

Most of the forum posts are people asking for help or just discussing something and/or whining about something, much like these forums. I do agree that VoIP should be toggleable for those who don't want it and it should be simple to mute other players.

Yeah, love these threads:

"Let's make BF4 more CoD-like"

"Remove Jets from Conquest!"

"One thing I loved about Black ops"

"think your pro??"

"Make vehicles be bought with Micro-Transactions"

"I want a fucking moab!"

"Proof Jets are OP"

"Is PC gaming dead?"

"DICE didnt had any hackker-attack!"

It keeps going.... Please don't equate that forum with this one, nothing but trolling over there. Wait.... :eek:

Yeah, love these threads:

"Let's make BF4 more CoD-like"

"Remove Jets from Conquest!"

"One thing I loved about Black ops"

"think your pro??"

"Make vehicles be bought with Micro-Transactions"

"I want a fucking moab!"

"Proof Jets are OP"

"Is PC gaming dead?"

"DICE didnt had any hackker-attack!"

It keeps going.... Please don't equate that forum with this one, nothing but trolling over there. Wait.... :eek:

Those are some of the better topic threads, here are more lol worthy ones:

My little Pony for BF4 pls DICE

VIPs get a Flametrower

Dice take a hint for BF4 from BLOPS 2

Should BF4 be console exclusive?

Stop Jet Pilots bailing out, its unfair! DIE!

Add killstreaks in BF4

BattleLoL is infested with retards and kiddies.

Those are some of the better topic threads, here are more lol worthy ones:

My little Pony for BF4 pls DICE

VIPs get a Flametrower

Dice take a hint for BF4 from BLOPS 2

Should BF4 be console exclusive?

Stop Jet Pilots bailing out, its unfair! DIE!

Add killstreaks in BF4

BattleLoL is infested with retards and kiddies.

LOL! That + the in-game chat logs, will literally kill your brain cells.

Back