Any news on BattleField 4 ?

AT-AT006.jpg

fin.

Man o man :eek: If Dice had full resources, with a new Frostbite 3 engine, imagine a Empire Strikes Back style Battlefield game, 64 vs 64 players. Fully licensed and backed 100% by Lucas & Disney.

Then I woke up

I was actually hoping for bad company 3. Between BC2 and bf3, I had more fun with bad company 2.

I was actually hoping for bad company 3. Between BC2 and bf3, I had more fun with bad company 2.

Agreed. The choppers feel almost useless in BF3, particularly the miniguns in the helos. It seems like you can barely see people. I used to be able to completely own in BC2 with the blackhawk.

me too man. i like battlefield three but i liked bad company way more..

I liked BF3 better overall because I'm an aircraft whore, but the AT4 was seriously needed instead of noskill lockon weapons like stigla's.

I liked BF3 better overall because I'm an aircraft whore, but the AT4 was seriously needed instead of noskill lockon weapons like stigla's.

The Jets were kind of stupid in BF3... It would be much better/balanced to just drop them entirely and have twice the helicopters... It was waaaay too easy to just kill infantry/tanks/MAA and laugh at them unable to do much really...might as well have had a bike with machineguns and godmode on both teams. :D

If the netcode is not improved and the game feels like a beta, they can keep their silly amazing graphics game.

The Jets were kind of stupid in BF3... It would be much better/balanced to just drop them entirely and have twice the helicopters... It was waaaay too easy to just kill infantry/tanks/MAA and laugh at them unable to do much really...might as well have had a bike with machineguns and godmode on both teams. :D

I agree. The fixed wing aircraft were extremely boring - floating around like balloons was no fun. At least the helicopters had some feeling to them. And the maps are just too small.

Man o man :eek: If Dice had full resources, with a new Frostbite 3 engine, imagine a Empire Strikes Back style Battlefield game, 64 vs 64 players. Fully licensed and backed 100% by Lucas & Disney.

Then I woke up

There was a pretty amazing full conversion Star Wars mod for BF142 called Galactic conquest but sadly no one played it. I think we had a few brief 30 vs 30 hoth battles that were a dream come true. Guns, sounds, vehicles, the works. That's why I'm so pissed that they locked down the SDK for BF3 some companies don't realize how much modding can sell a game.

I need to make a correction. Joint Operations: Escalation was the expansion, Typhoon Rising was the original JO.

/I've always wished that JO won out over BF back then.

BF4 needs to have those 128 player servers like how BF3 once had. It was hell in Metro:cool:

I'll always look forward to the trailers because BF3's were craaaazy badass, though.

The Tank Run demo sold the game for me.
ya, people also thought we were getting dinosaur mode from all the dino easter eggs.

im just hoping they dont dumb the game down anymore.

Now that it has been introduced to the console crowd, I'm assuming things will smarten up a bit.
Even Crysis 3 went away from the "hold your hand" mode that Crysis 2 had. The suit no longer has a mind of it's own.

Anyone remember Joint Op's ? I LOVED that game, I think it was out before BF2, was a very wide open realistic military shooter, like Battlefield, but with HUGE maps, and allowed 128 players, of two 64 player teams. With boats, choppers, tanks, etc...

Joint Op's felt more like a real war game, I recall one map playing, seeing waves of choppers and boats coming along the horizon to an island I was on, and then ten seconds later they landed, and a huge battle erupted. Was amazing :)

I would loike to see BF4 with much larger maps, and higher player count on maps. Graphics wise I am happy with BF3, I don't need it to look that much better.

NovaLogic made the best FPS up until about Joint Op's and before, then they went to crap...sad rally, Delta Force 2 was my first FPS game and i loved it!

not going to buy this POS if they dont incorporate some sort of ping filter for the multiplayer. Shit is ridiculous with retards joining NA servers with a 700 ping

I've gotten my money's worth out of BF3 and the expansion - however even years after release we still have crappy netcode, and no Squad based voIP. It's 2013 -- this crap existed (and fully functional) years ago.

I got burned with SimCity -- luckily Amazon gave me my money back, but EA as a company... they don't deserve my money or anyone else's.

Unless they get EVERYTHING right this time around for BF3 or 2142 (or whatever) then I just don't give a damn. I turn 31 in two days... I can find other things to do than give my money to the evil that is EA. Plenty of other games out there.

I've gotten my money's worth out of BF3 and the expansion - however even years after release we still have crappy netcode, and no Squad based voIP. It's 2013 -- this crap existed (and fully functional) years ago.

Ditto for me, fucking embarrassing just how many steps backwards BF3 was compared to previous iterations. I'm not even going to touch BF4 unless they address the laundry list of issues that have been around since launch, including:

(1) shitty netcode;
(2) no squad/team based voip;
(3) atrocious UI;
(4) rampant hacking;
(5) terrible art direction (lens flares, flash lights, sunlight, lasers, blue filter)
(6) shitty map design;
(7) excessive microtransactions and dlc which fragment the user base;
(8) lack of an in-game server browser;
(9) lack of a tactical/commander mode;
(10) useless communication rose.

(9) is pretty much all we're going to see off that list - was rumored/leaked that commander is coming back along with a Chinese faction (3 total). We'll see in a couple weeks.

I just want to have a tac light, silencer, laser, extra clip w/ a 12X infrared scope. Only for submachine guns though. Bc it looks dope on an Ump!

Yes. If they do not LISTEN and IMPROVE the glaring issues, I am done with the series.

unfortunately the lighting crap is staying. they said that their new color filter is basically the signature mark of the new battlefield, and makes it stand out from every other fps...

I got burned with SimCity -- luckily Amazon gave me my money back, but EA as a company... they don't deserve my money or anyone else's.

Unless they get EVERYTHING right this time around for BF3 or 2142 (or whatever) then I just don't give a damn. I turn 31 in two days... I can find other things to do than give my money to the evil that is EA. Plenty of other games out there.

I'm serious, I've paid like 110 dollars for the entire BF3 package, I've played a krapload of it, but I've gotten way too much grief and pain and bullshit along with the 110 dollars. As opposed to the 4 dollars I paid for Faster than Light, which is still aweseom

i don't get why people are asking about bf4 - do you really want the franchise turning into madden of cod with a new rehash every year or so? thought people had enough issues with the game and ea. then you wonder why things like simcity happens. mirror please...

i don't get why people are asking about bf4 - do you really want the franchise turning into madden of cod with a new rehash every year or so? thought people had enough issues with the game and ea. then you wonder why things like simcity happens. mirror please...

I think people are hoping BF4 will be closer to BF2 with BF3-or-greater-level graphics. I also think they're going to be heartbroken when BF4 eventually gets released.

This just in ... Battlefield 4 is being rushed out the door to make a quick buck.

Back to you.

People actually do. Then when they realize that it's just going to be BF3 with new maps instead of like BF2 and new maps they're going to buy it anyway. Which is what EA wants you to do.

I would still buy it too mainly because the game makes me so angry that I use it to a precursor to working out.

Am I the only person who will not be buying any more "modern" FPS games? I just find the weapons to be uninteresting, they all "feel" the same with no variance. I also find the jets no fun to use. Give me a WW2 game with bombs I have to aim and real dog fighting, not hyper powered machine guns, heatseekers, etc. Hell, even a futuristic setting would allow for more interesting mechanics.

^^ Well they're not all the same...in order to have success in the game, you need high rate of fire and low recoil soooo basically M16, Aek, F2000 and M416 > other guns, thank you for playing the client side lag engine.

I would love to see a true sequel to BF1942. Using the latest Frostbite engine, but set in WW2 again. I agree, the dogfights with those old planes was awesome

Its not a matter of wanting, EA fully intends to turn the BF franchise into its version of CoD. I am sure most users would prefer it if they actually fixed all the issues with BF3 and made it a better game, but why do that when you can release a half arsed sequel for full price with the promise that you have listened to all the feedback and complaints.

I think people are hoping BF4 will be closer to BF2 with BF3-or-greater-level graphics. I also think they're going to be heartbroken when BF4 eventually gets released.

Hoping, but not at all confident or optimistic. My expectations are so low that I already fully expect BF4 to be another cluster fuck and will not even consider buying it, let alone pre-ordering it, unless there is a positive consensus expressed by some of the long standing BF communities.

EA has said they want a new BF game out like clockwork every two years now, not every 3 to 4 years like before. Their investors see the COD MW series released every year with big sales numbers, and say they want in on some of those profits too.

I am fine with a new BF game every two years, as long as quality is not left out.

People actually do. Then when they realize that it's just going to be BF3 with new maps instead of like BF2 and new maps they're going to buy it anyway. Which is what EA wants you to do.

Yep, it's no secret that EA has coveted Activision's success with COD.

That "premium" BF service everyone couldn't get their wallets out fast enough to pay for is just a short walk from Bobby Kotick's dream of COD as an "online subscription service". Never mind the fact that we used to get mod tools to churn out our own content alongside what the developers released, or the fact that we didn't used to pay obscene surcharges to host our dedicated servers...for some reason, COD and BF players just can't wait to pay more for less.

I can't wait to read all the lip service and marketing BS from BF3 rehashed for BF4. The only way I'll buy one of these games again is if it actually launches with the features it's supposed to have; no more of this "we're working on it/it's coming soon* (*6 months later)/we'll implement it if there's demand" bullshit.

BF4 better better better NOT suck!!!

Now let's kick this thread back to the good old days of REAL Battlefield...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKFJ-LUg7OM

If you were a PC gamer and remember Desert Combat... it was PURE UNADULTERATED FTW!!!
Especially if you have a LAN party full of 64 dudes killing each-other...
What great times...

BF2 came out with EA's proprietary account bullshit.
I hated the fact I HAD to use WASD controls and could not map anything to my arrow keys. I still played it, got good at it, never really was as good as DC.
EA really did their best to fight modders from here on out which was a huge :(

Battlefield 3 had me first time I laid eyes on it during PDX LAN on that aircraft carrier Hornet in October 2011.
Hell even BF3, while not incredibly perfect, I got my money's worth out of. Sure there were glitches, server issues at launch, bad patches, gun glitches, exploitable UAV elevators etc...
The game still shows me love on console and PC.
Although I choose to play on console because Origin just plain sucks and I hate waiting.
From what it seems, future battlefield games are starting to be geared towards consoles. EA wants their money and their online DRM structure. It's only a matter of time before us gamers lose LAN play, offline play, or even lending a copy to a fellow gamer.

Those were the good old days. :(

It could be the most amazing looking game ever, but if I still die AFTER I've ducked behind a wall because of their brilliant net code, I'm not touching it.

Back