Any news on BattleField 4 ?

w00t, BF4 BETA preload is live and its 64bit!

thank you sir. downloading!

edit:

available to play Tuesday morning at 1am PDT. filthy work. won't be able to play until tuesday evening.

Last edited:
According to one of their blog posts, you have to be rank 10 to opt into commander position. We probably can't rank that high in the beta.

So why disable it :rolleyes:

And I promise you that like the last beta *cough* demo *cough* there will be people ranked 20+ by the time its finished.

anyone know if there will be an nda against live streaming on tues, really want to see the game in action before I preorder since was never a big fan of BF3.

anyone know if there will be an nda against live streaming on tues, really want to see the game in action before I preorder since was never a big fan of BF3.

I believe the first three days is a semi-open beta (for pre-orders and BF3 premium players), and then on the 4th it becomes open to everyone. So, why not just play it yourself on the 4th?

Pre-loaded here. I was trying to make a push to finish GTA5 and maybe play a little bit of GTA Online, but… forget that.

Thanks for the heads up, just saw it on the front page and read up on it more. At first I thought it was an EA/Dice creation, not AMD. As an AMD owner I have to say I'm super excited about this, looking forward to see what it can do (although, hopefully works on 6xxx series?).

Any GCN card. I think that is 7xxx and up for sure. Not sure about 6xxx.

So why disable it :rolleyes:

And I promise you that like the last beta *cough* demo *cough* there will be people ranked 20+ by the time its finished.

No. In the actual game you have to be rank 10 to be Commander. It is disabled in the Beta. They did say that some DICE employees would join some beta servers and play as Commander.

I guess I'll grab this game. Who has the lowest price? Greenman has $8 cash back but no %20 off.

Not sure why its confusing, the beta runs two weeks for PC, 360, PS3.

Beta runs from the first to the 15th and game comes out on the 29th, 14 days later.

So, can anyone confirm Mantle's availability for the 6xxx series of Radeons?

Pre-loaded last night, looking forward to this. However, just looked at the pre-order benefits as well; you get all 74 vehicle unlocks immediately?! That seems pretty lame.

^^ I think he is talking about the actual game, but I doubt that is accurate.

Right, perhaps it was just the beta but this was listed under the pre-order perks. I didn't see anything that specified that was beta only; this was one of the 5 or so major bullet points on Origin comparing standard BF4 vs the premium pre-order.

Do you have a link to where you read "74 vehicle unlocks for BF4?" In any case, those "battlepacks" for BF3 and BF4 are optional-use, meaning it doesn't happen automatically you have to apply them manually. So nothing is unlocked by default.

Anyone have any sites that are offering sales on BF4 + premium atm? Dont want to break the bank right now. I guess I could always get Bf4 regular ,and wait for a premium sale later on.

Anyone have any sites that are offering sales on BF4 + premium atm? Dont want to break the bank right now. I guess I could always get Bf4 regular ,and wait for a premium sale later on.

I'm trying to find a deal as well. $69.99 seems a bit steep. Greenman has the Premium for $59.99 plus $8 cash back.

There's absolutely no need to get Premium now. Order the regular game on day of release or day before, then order Premium on the first day that DLC1 (China Rising) becomes available to Premium accounts in December. That's the smarter way to go without participating in the collective interest-free loan EA is receiving from this preorder nonsense.

I'm trying to find a deal as well. $69.99 seems a bit steep. Greenman has the Premium for $59.99 plus $8 cash back.

Seems like a good deal, only thing is, I don't actually see where it says it's the premium version on the greenman website, can you point me where it says so? Just want to be sure..

Edit: I do see the part about china rising, not sure if that is the same thing as premium though..?

There's absolutely no need to get Premium now. Order the regular game on day of release or day before, then order Premium on the first day that DLC1 (China Rising) becomes available to Premium accounts in December. That's the smarter way to go without participating in the collective interest-free loan EA is receiving from this preorder nonsense.

You gonna guarantee it? Because I got bf4 for 48 and premium for 40. No worries of missing a sale now, and I got a great price that I am happy with.,

When can I play BF4 beta ? When does it unlock on east coast?
Preloaded it Already soon as I get home from work at midnight installing new beta and hopefully I can play.

Back