Any new Thin mITX boards coming out?

jardows

2[H]4U
I have a particular project I want to do that would utilize the thin mITX boards. I have had to delay due to funding, but I am coming up on my annual computer purchase time (tax refund) and am finding the availability of motherboards quickly dwindling. For what I'm doing, a skylake system would be nice, but I haven't seen anything about thin boards coming out for that platform. Anyone know any rumors or such?

Why thin? There's already quite a few normal ITX Z170 boards already out. The only thing thin brings to the party is stuff in fixed locations. aka: Not really necessary for most applications.

It's a custom case project, and there is no room for an standard power supply, and possibly not even room for a Pico PSU. The added height of standard mITX will also restrict airflow, which will be at a premium for this project.

Thin Min ITX got killed by Intel the moment the NUC took off.

It's the same exact concept, only smaller (and a soldered CPU). But you can get one with an Atom, Core i3, or i5 if you desire.

If you must build your own enclosure, you can probably remove the NUC from it's case.

It's a custom case project, and there is no room for an standard power supply, and possibly not even room for a Pico PSU. The added height of standard mITX will also restrict airflow, which will be at a premium for this project.

Then skylake isn't going to happen if space is at that much of a premium. Not enough space for a heatsync and fan to keep it cool.

Back