Any new RTS like SupCom or Planetary Annihilation coming out?

Brahmzy

Supreme [H]ardness
Anybody aware of existing or future games like these two?

I’m still somewhat addicted, embarrassing to admit, to both of these after so many years, but I need a refresh in a bad way.

Titans held me for quite awhile, despite its awful bugs. The Homeworld remasteres were fun.

I think I’m out of luck..

Don't know about upcoming. Maybe Iron Harvest? Have you tried Sins of a Solar Empire, Ashes of the Singularity, or Grey Goo?

Brahmzy I'm totally with you. Supcom forged alliance was the best multiplayer rts game ever. Titans was ok but it was no where near as fun or as cool as forged alliance plus all the space stuff was annoying.. I wish the supcom engine could be updated somehow bc I honesty don't feel anything like it will come out again. The games were very niche and complicated for the average rts gamer. They supposedly didn't make enough money to create more of them..it's honestly very sad since I felt the rts genre finally was starting to evolve outside of just graphics and was allowing rts games to have full on wars....

^^ Yup. Absolutely amazing game. The AI was awesome.
Way ahead of its time, and I just don’t see anybody making something like this again, like you said.

Brahmzy I'm totally with you. Supcom forged alliance was the best multiplayer rts game ever. Titans was ok but it was no where near as fun or as cool as forged alliance plus all the space stuff was annoying.. I wish the supcom engine could be updated somehow bc I honesty don't feel anything like it will come out again. The games were very niche and complicated for the average rts gamer. They supposedly didn't make enough money to create more of them..it's honestly very sad since I felt the rts genre finally was starting to evolve outside of just graphics and was allowing rts games to have full on wars....

it wasn't a money issue, it was a management issue.. THQ hedged their money on consoles and completely screwed the pooch with consolitis supcom 2 and killed the series.. then we got planetary annihilation which at it's core wasn't a bad game but the developers got greedy and instead of fixing the issues PA had they just released titans instead for the same price as PA(daja vu that this was the exact same thing that was done with supcom/supcom:FA and happened to be led by the same people that made PA).

as much as i'd like to see another RTS game come out i don't think it'll do very well.. people these days have the attention span of an infant and require any and all instant gratification they can get.

Last edited:
Don't know about upcoming. Maybe Iron Harvest? Have you tried Sins of a Solar Empire, Ashes of the Singularity, or Grey Goo?

Ashes was such a disappointment...

I’ll have to look at those other ones.

Horror show was fa forever updated in any way too speed up 4v4s? I remember on gpg net it was really slow...I might fire up fa forever but I think last time I tried I had issues...do you still play fa forever?

Horror show was fa forever updated in any way too speed up 4v4s? I remember on gpg net it was really slow...I might fire up fa forever but I think last time I tried I had issues...do you still play fa forever?

I haven't played in a little over a year....

But, I played from 2013-2017ish and it improved DRAMATICALLY during that time.

Back