any new MOCA standards on the horizon?

OFaceSIG

2[H]4U
I currently use MOCA bridges throughout my house because they are awesome. It helps that my FIOS router had one built in so I had to buy one fewer to use MOCA in the first place. I currently get 60 Mbps throughput on them which is great. It's more then enough bandwidth for the majority of applications.

However has anyone read or heard of higher bandwidth MOCA options on the horizon?

MoCA 2.0 already exists, but Actiontec equipment doesn't support it. If you want to use it with FIOS you'll have to bring your own equipment for it. It's been out for long enough that I find it VERY unacceptable that Actiontec doesn't use it yet.

hmmmm really? Interesting. Have you played with it? Any bandwidth numbers?

The MOCA 2.0 standard has been around since like June 2010 but I cannot find a single moca 2.0 device for sale ANYWHERE.

Pretty much the only moca devices that I have ever been able to find are the actiontec and netgear (which seem to have vanished from the face of the earth) which are both moca 1.1

I really wish moca would be a bit more available -- it blows powerline out of the water.

Back