Any new info regarding Fermi release date?

loafer87gt

Limp Gawd
I was all set to get myself a 5850 during the holidays until I found out they are next to impossible to find in stock anywhere. Most of the local shops say it will be mid January before they get their next shipment of the cards in. Anyways, being an Nvidia owner for my last two cards, I am starting to wonder if I should wait for Team Green to come out with their card. I know Nvidia is keeping everyone in the dark about their next gen card, but I was just wondering if anyone has an educated guess as to when we will see the consumer Fermi cards on the shelves. Are we talking sometime in Q1, or is trying to guess as to the availability just that - guesswork?

in 50 friggin million years.. :D

exactly what sixtywatt said..

btw there is a search fuction on this forum.. could of found the answer that way.. or heck.. even google..

supposedly in FEB but who knows nvidia is really disappointing me right now.

They tried to get a second paper launch with working samples ready for CES 2010 but that is not happening anymore, so it will be February. Retail availability? April.

I'm waiting for GTX 300 series I hope it is available in stock by april.

Everyone tell Santa you want a gtx 380 for christmas and it will come true :)

Is this GTX 380 also known as GeForce 100?

Saw this on nVidia's facebook page, don't know if they are referring to Fermi:confused:
Fun Fact of the Week: GF100 graphics cards will provide hardware support for GPU overvoltaging for extreme overclocking!

Would be great if its true;)

I'd say keep hunting for the 5850 and use the e-mail notify function available on a lot of sites (e.g. newegg). Otherwise you might be stuck waiting for team green's card for another 4-5 months.

Is this GTX 380 also known as GeForce 100?

Saw this on nVidia's facebook page, don't know if they are referring to Fermi:confused:
Fun Fact of the Week: GF100 graphics cards will provide hardware support for GPU overvoltaging for extreme overclocking!

Would be great if its true;)

Just so it's out there, that's nothing new. Graphic cards have had adjustable voltage for a while now from both camps.

Just so it's out there, that's nothing new. Graphic cards have had adjustable voltage for a while now from both camps.
I was thinking that maybe it will be adjustable on driver level.

But yeah, no details were given anyway, people are just guessing at the moment. Maybe its nothing more than just a marketing hype. we'll see

If they give us a feature like Intel's TurboBoost, I'll be impressed. Well, as long as it actually does some good and isn't just checkbox feature.

Back