Any new, better widescreen monitors coming out in the next couple months?

Shaman

Limp Gawd
Like any true 1500:1 or 2000:1 or HIGHER contrast, 8-bit 21"+ widescreen monitors with wide viewing angles and no video twinkling or backlight bleeding whatsoever and with a highly adjustable stand in any position imaginable and without gay speakers coming down the pipeline? Or are these just pipe dreams? :D

As I'm not desperately in need to get a new monitor right now and I'm having a real hard time finding one that fits all my needs of all the widescreen models currently available, I'm wondering if it's worth holding out for a couple months and get something better down the line.

Thanks.

Shaman said:
Like any true 1500:1 or 2000:1 or HIGHER contrast, 8-bit 21"+ widescreen monitors with wide viewing angles and no video twinkling or backlight bleeding whatsoever and with a highly adjustable stand in any position imaginable and without gay speakers coming down the pipeline? Or are these just pipe dreams? :D

As I'm not desperately in need to get a new monitor right now and I'm having a real hard time finding one that fits all my needs of all the widescreen models currently available, I'm wondering if it's worth holding out for a couple months and get something better down the line.

Thanks.

I wouldnt put so much emphasis on contrast ratio. It really is not all its cracked up to be. Rather you should look for a monitor with S-IPS and increased color accuracy or a higher Look Up table so you can pull more colors.

Yes there will be better widescreen monitors out in about a month here. But it all depends on your price tag.

NEC2490WUXi - 12 bit lut - A-TW-IPS - 6 ms gtg - 1920x1200 - $1450
NEC2690WUXi - 12 bit lut - A-TW-IPS - 6.5 ms gtg - 1920x1200 - 93.4% of NTSC. $1750

Maybe I'm giving too much importance to contrast, but I was looking at the 5:4 Samsung 971P wich has true 1500:1 contrast and uses a S-PVA panel with 178/178 viewing angles and 6ms GTG and thinking how long it will take until we have such good specs on a 16:10 panel format.

You say I should go with a IPS panel, from everything I've read those are the worst panels to screen movies as they produce the most amount of video noise. Are the new generation of IPS panels gonna improve that?

travbomb said:
NEC2490WUXi - 12 bit lut - A-TW-IPS - 6 ms gtg - 1920x1200 - $1450
NEC2690WUXi - 12 bit lut - A-TW-IPS - 6.5 ms gtg - 1920x1200 - 93.4% of NTSC. $1750

Good luck with that pricing. $500 more for the NEC 24" than the 23" Apple Cinema will raise eyebrows even in corporate departments.

Back