Any new 3D Vision 2 monitors coming out soon?

Viper87227

Fully [H]
I'm looking for a new monitor, and I'd like to get something that I can play around with 3D with. Seems like the new 3D Vision 2 makes some nice improvements, but the only monitor I can see that is out right now is a 27" Asus for an ungodly amount of money. Ideally, I think I want a 22-inch monitor. If I'm only using 1680x1050, that should allow me to get some solid performance out of my 560's when using 3D... and that will be the best size for my desk anyway.

I've been eyeing the Viewsonic 22", which I can get for $180 out the door on fleabay, seems like a fair price. Should I just get that, or is there anything else on the horizon that will make use of the new LightBoost stuff in the new glasses? Likewise, if I got the older monitor, anyone know if there would be any benefit to still getting the newer glasses? I can't seem to find much info on this.

im rocking the acer gd235hz and i sometimes wish i went with a larger size lcd. still a great display and loving skyrim in 3d. if ur going for 3d tho, go for the larger screen size u wont be sorry. afaik the new glasses will require newer revision of 3d vision lcds and will be backwards compatible with old.

im rocking the acer gd235hz and i sometimes wish i went with a larger size lcd. still a great display and loving skyrim in 3d. if ur going for 3d tho, go for the larger screen size u wont be sorry. afaik the new glasses will require newer revision of 3d vision lcds and will be backwards compatible with old.

Bigger is not a concern. I have a 20" Dell and a 24" Samsung right now. I don't like how the Samsung fits on my desk at all, and I use the Dell as my primary monitor. Since the size nor the resolution bother me, I should get a bit better performance sticking with 1680x1050, and I can place the monitor better on my desk. On the 24", it hits the overhead shelf, so I have to keep it too close to my face.

I'm looking for a new monitor, and I'd like to get something that I can play around with 3D with. Seems like the new 3D Vision 2 makes some nice improvements, but the only monitor I can see that is out right now is a 27" Asus for an ungodly amount of money. Ideally, I think I want a 22-inch monitor. If I'm only using 1680x1050, that should allow me to get some solid performance out of my 560's when using 3D... and that will be the best size for my desk anyway.

I've been eyeing the Viewsonic 22", which I can get for $180 out the door on fleabay, seems like a fair price. Should I just get that, or is there anything else on the horizon that will make use of the new LightBoost stuff in the new glasses? Likewise, if I got the older monitor, anyone know if there would be any benefit to still getting the newer glasses? I can't seem to find much info on this.

i just got that new ASUS VG278 for evaluation on Friday. It is $699 including the 3D Vision 2 glasses and built-in emitter. i also got a Viewsonic HD3D-ready 23" display (V3D231) from Viewsonic for evaluation also on Friday. i have 3xASUS 23 VG236 which were made last Summer. i am going to evaluate the differences this coming week.

The 3D Vision 2 glasses are "improved" - larger and more comfortable. The new faster 3D Vision 2 displays are just now coming out.

i'd aim for a 1080p display and the newer ones have a faster response (less ghosting/crosstalk)

Back