Any more Fury X2 news?

N4CR

Supreme [H]ardness
Hello,

Have managed to put off my new build for a few months, so now approaching Fury X2 launch bracket.

Does anyone have any new information regarding this card? Been keeping an eye out for it but seems like total silence since June.

Cheers

I think the only official word is 'fall 2015' which could mean out to November.

Didn't AMD say that it was only gonna be released as a part with a whole computer and not for retail sale? I got my 295x2's from The Egg when they were $650 each.

they can't make enough fury x's I doubt that will be easy to find even if its released. I am waiting next gen HBM to get any new card. This was a test for AMD that they passed and now with 14nm and HBM2 will be the sweet spot and I will pull the trigger then.

I'm worried AMD might pull an Nvidia and price the dual-GPU card out of relevance, You're looking at a MINIMUM of $1300 US. If it releases at $1300, I'll eat my own hair. We are more likely to see it at $1650... which to me is not justifiable, but it all depends on if Nvidia has a 990 or 990 Ti in the works...

Edit: In a perfect world: AMD would release a Dual Fury (non X) card and price it at $1000, and then a Dual FuryX at 'whatever' and have a Titan X killing card at the same price. 2 Fury(nonX) cards in CFX would be about 20% faster than TitanX, depending on the resolution.

I don't see how a $1000 dual Fury (non-x) would be any better than a $650 295x2 other than power consumption. An upgraded 2x8GB 395x2 would be a boss.

I don't see how a $1000 dual Fury (non-x) would be any better than a $650 295x2 other than power consumption. An upgraded 2x8GB 395x2 would be a boss.

It appears you haven't taken notice of the scaling with the Fury lineup in Crossfire vs the 295x2...The Furies seem to scale anywhere from 70~95%, and more importantly, seem to do it consistently.. Even when adding in a 3rd or 4th GPU, they still stomp all over Nvidia's lineup scaling wise..

It appears you haven't taken notice of the scaling with the Fury lineup in Crossfire vs the 295x2...The Furies seem to scale anywhere from 70~95%, and more importantly, seem to do it consistently.. Even when adding in a 3rd or 4th GPU, they still stomp all over Nvidia's lineup scaling wise..
It was the same with the 290/X series. The XDMA engine for transmitting data between GPUs over PCI-E is very good. Only issues I ever had with my 290Xs in CF were an occasional delay for CFX support in drivers. They scaled very well so no surprise Fury is good there too.

@ccity -
Drivers have matured a lot for the 290 series. A 295x2 and Dual Fury would be very close in performance at 4k (which would be the target audience). TPU had the most rescent FURY crossfire review I saw. Normalizing the 295x2 to 1, the nano crossfire was 14% faster. This means a dual non-fury would be around 5% faster than a 295x2. Hardly worth $350 extra cost (at a minimium)

people never learn nvidia always gets stomped in the dgu war. Maybe this year they will win. Keep dreamin fellas the fury x2 will be full fiji.

Thank you all for the input.

Pricing on the X2 is quite possibly going to be ridiculous, judging by earlier history.
That said, if it's not too bad, then perhaps it could be close enough to cause a small drop in Fury X pricing.

Have been very tempted by the 295X2 as a 4k 'hold me over' card, but price has gone back up again, as everyone else figured it out.

The scaling of the Fiji cores is very good indeed and an often completely overlooked factor by the green gospel crew. 4K at any reasonable setting is domain of multi card, extremely likely will be still for next generation at maxed settings, as games are increasingly demanding each year, business as usual.

Also doubt Pascal will do more than 40-50% better, still not enough. I'm laughing at the people who quote CEO speak saying it's 10x better. Never happened, never will short of a revolutionary new technology.

HBM2 would be ultimate goal but I don't expect that for another 6-8 months minimum at this rate.
However, may try to hold on until mid Dec to see if there are any January surprises. AMD might go back to that old Q1 launch window.

Now is not the best time for a 4k build. Gawdamnit. Cheers!

@ccity -
Drivers have matured a lot for the 290 series. A 295x2 and Dual Fury would be very close in performance at 4k (which would be the target audience). TPU had the most rescent FURY crossfire review I saw. Normalizing the 295x2 to 1, the nano crossfire was 14% faster. This means a dual non-fury would be around 5% faster than a 295x2. Hardly worth $350 extra cost (at a minimium)

I know, I have a pair of heavily OC'ed 290s with full GPU blocks on them ;)....The driver's we have gotten since the 300 series launch have impressed the hell out of me, I can run SoM (which I SWEAR I WILL beat one day:() full Ultra at well over 60FPS @ 1440P..I need to get a FreeSync LCD to replace my best budget buy HP Z2740W sometime, but was holding out to see how the newer ultra wide 34" models make out in the next ~6 months..

Thanks for the TPU review showing the normalized results..While I have enjoyed the bonus FPS we have gotten on the 290s, I wasn't aware of how close the scaling is..That being said, the Fury line still holds the title in the niche 3 and 4 GPU scaling I believe no?

@ccity -

Thread is about dual Fury non-X not a 390x2. The non-x Fury consistently beats the Nano on gaming benchmarks so there's no reason for a Fury x2 to be slower than Nano CF.

4f361778_960px_shut_up_and_take_my_money_1024x1280_by_amnoartist-d8z92vq.jpg

Thank you all for the input.

Pricing on the X2 is quite possibly going to be ridiculous, judging by earlier history.
That said, if it's not too bad, then perhaps it could be close enough to cause a small drop in Fury X pricing.

Have been very tempted by the 295X2 as a 4k 'hold me over' card, but price has gone back up again, as everyone else figured it out.

The scaling of the Fiji cores is very good indeed and an often completely overlooked factor by the green gospel crew. 4K at any reasonable setting is domain of multi card, extremely likely will be still for next generation at maxed settings, as games are increasingly demanding each year, business as usual.

Also doubt Pascal will do more than 40-50% better, still not enough. I'm laughing at the people who quote CEO speak saying it's 10x better. Never happened, never will short of a revolutionary new technology.

HBM2 would be ultimate goal but I don't expect that for another 6-8 months minimum at this rate.
However, may try to hold on until mid Dec to see if there are any January surprises. AMD might go back to that old Q1 launch window.

Now is not the best time for a 4k build. Gawdamnit. Cheers!

That's exactly what I did. My 4k monitor has freesync and I want to try it out so bought a 295x2 from a member here hoping everything goes well. Plus I'm hoping performance will be slightly higher with the 295x2. Don't have to worry about the heat and noise plus I could still fit another 290x on my mobo with a sound card between

For all those that have a Fury Crossfire Boner:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015...ury_dc3_crossfire_at_4k_review/1#.VgkvLXpViko

Even for the Crossfire Fury (non-x) it is a ripoff at $1150, especially with AMD Drivers. I can't even imagine what a Fury X2 card would cost. AMD will gladly wipe their asses with your money, Deadskull. If you must get and AMD setup, I would get the 390x crossfire. It is only a bit slower than crossfire Furys and a safer bet with the 8 GB ram. GTA 5 showed how draw distance can be hurt with 4 GB ram.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015...ury_dc3_crossfire_at_4k_review/1#.VgkvLXpViko

Even for the Crossfire Fury (non-x) it is a ripoff at $1150, especially with AMD Drivers. I can't even imagine what a Fury X2 card would cost. AMD will gladly wipe their asses with your money, Deadskull. If you must get and AMD setup, I would get the 390x crossfire. It is only a bit slower than crossfire Furys and a safer bet with the 8 GB ram. GTA 5 showed how draw distance can be hurt with 4 GB ram.

Well maybe with the drought of Fiji cards coming to an end - at the Egg all models from different vendors are now available - that price may come down.

As for long term future worth - I think that is in the air - but memory limitations like 1.5gb of the 580, 2gb of the 680, 3gb of the 780 from Nvidia has indeed hurt long term performance which I think the 4gb Fiji will see in the future. As for single cards I don't think 4gb will be much of an hindrance since anything over it would probably be too slow to run anyways.

Those benchmarks means nothing dude.

Really? A crossfire review of 2 Fury non-X cards means nothing for the future Fury X2? Confused on that post.

Really? A crossfire review of 2 Fury non-X cards means nothing for the future Fury X2? Confused on that post.
I think people are hopeful that the CrossFire compatibility will improve by the Fury X2's release. That's probably true, but I worry about long-term driver stability. Fury clearly scales well - when it works.

AMD should schedule a games bundle and Omega driver release with fixes to Zero Core and a few extra new features with the release of the Fury X2 card to work with marketing.

Lol, lots of delusion here. There will be way fewer FuryX2 / xfire FuryX setups than
295X2/ xfire 290x / xfire 390x setups and now many of you think AMD will work on
xfire drivers because of the launch of this card??

Lol, lots of delusion here. There will be way fewer FuryX2 / xfire FuryX setups than
295X2/ xfire 290x / xfire 390x setups and now many of you think AMD will work on
xfire drivers because of the launch of this card??

Why are you complaining if you are not going to buy it? Holyshit wtf happened to H. Fanboys everywhere like wcc...

If we only complained about things we planned to buy, the internet would be a very quiet place.

Arguing in a speculation thread is like putting on a condom before even meeting the girl....

Didn't AMD say that it was only gonna be released as a part with a whole computer and not for retail sale? I got my 295x2's from The Egg when they were $650 each.

Nope, they apparently had one in that concept pc they showed but the card is still being released as product,.

Fury Xs are no longer hard to find.

Supply has caught up, there will be plenty when they release it.

Anxious to see someone out there do a Quadfire Fury X2X2 versus Quadfire 295X2X2 comparison once these are released.

Fury Xs are no longer hard to find.

Supply has caught up, there will be plenty when they release it.

True they're not as hard to get but ones with the pump issues are still apparently doing the rounds. I went through 2 of them, another guy on the ocuk forum went through 4 of them all with the issue.

You may have got returned items, they fixed the pump issue a while ago.

something about glue in the housing...

yep, im looking forward to this card, i think it will be basically 2 Nano's together, less heat and less power consumption.

nope its 2 fury x with the nano chips 250w will be limiting 500w minimum, and lets hope sk hynix hurries so overclocking can be unlocked

^^This, but never went with it (R9 290X and CF later on..Stupid me!):mad:

You may have got returned items, they fixed the pump issue a while ago.

something about glue in the housing...

So they say yet dodgy ones are still doing the rounds, my units were sealed so very doubtful they were returns as i checked the cards for finger prints as well and found none.

Seems lately you either get one that's quiet, one that whines or one that has a reverberating kind of noise that's similar to a fridge compressor. I've heard of a few people getting cards that were initially quiet then a few weeks down the line the whine developed, so you're not out of the woods with the first power on and not getting a whine it seems =/

So they say yet dodgy ones are still doing the rounds, my units were sealed so very doubtful they were returns as i checked the cards for finger prints as well and found none.

Seems lately you either get one that's quiet, one that whines or one that has a reverberating kind of noise that's similar to a fridge compressor. I've heard of a few people getting cards that were initially quiet then a few weeks down the line the whine developed, so you're not out of the woods with the first power on and not getting a whine it seems =/

I had a weird high pitch noise from my fan. Didn't care enough to return it. Besides that it's a great card.

Running it slightly faster than minimum the noise goes away.

Back